TV programmes?

We get a lot of requests from journos wanting to interview expats so here's the place to do it. Please, everyone, have a look and see if you can help. (This is for Canada-specific requests only - general requests belong on the main BE Forum. Press releases/adverts will be deleted, so please don't waste our time. Thanks.)

TV programmes?

Postby Kazzy1 » Thu 18 Sep 2008 16:27

Here in the UK on the TV during the day there is a programme called .... wanted down under, this programme takes people from the UK and sends them to Australia, finding them a job to try in the field of work they do here. Is there any such programme that anyone knows of that does it (minus the job) for Canada?? if so wherewould i be able to find the information to apply?.....My husband and would absolutely love to live in Canada, Nova Scotia to be exact, if it were up to me i would be over tomorrow like a shot, my husband on the other hand would like the chance to try before we buy as we have a cuple of small business`s in the UK so really set up here, he does not want to get rid of all that to find we dont like it there, find out tat when we did get there we could still have an income etc, so as you could imagine a programme along those sort of lines would be fabulous.

I know this is a big shot in the dark but if you dont try you dont know, we are both easy going and hard working people, and would like to both thes in a beatiful country, anyways now im waffling but any help would be great!

Kaz :)
Kazzy1
Free member

Postby Fleur » Thu 18 Sep 2008 18:47

I emailed the BBC this week and asked if they would consider doing a "wanted down under" about Canada.
This is what they had to say:

"I've registered your suggestion of a new series featuring people who want to move to Canada on our audience log.

This is a daily report of audience feedback that's circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the executive board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

I can't guarantee that such a programme will be made but the audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content. All feedback we receive, whether positive or negative, is appreciated. We are committed to developing better links with you, our audience, to further our understanding of your viewing and listening needs."

We would be very interested in going for it even though the thought of being of telly frightens the life out of us.
Fleur
Free member

TV Programme

Postby Kazzy1 » Fri 19 Sep 2008 09:23

Really!!! wow my next step is the BBC site for email :lol: I am glad its not ust me who thought about this way.

Thankyou for your reply fleur it put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

tottles off to the BBC site

Kaz xx
Kazzy1
Free member

Return to Journalists/TV & Radio Producers/Research Students