STRANGE QUESTION

This forum is for all the jumbled up info about Canada. We've asked that, on the info forums, you please post on the relevant forums, start new threads for new topics, and please keep on topic. Otherwise the info is too hard too find for those coming after, and the already overworked Mods end up having to repeatedly answer the same questions. (If your posting is locked in here, please feel free to post again in the appropriate place.)

STRANGE QUESTION

Postby TammySean » Tue 12 Sep 2006 18:26

What insects do you have over in british columbia, do you have any big spiders or dangers things i should no about, i dont mind the bears and things, but spiders i will die,( my husband chased me with one and i staped him with a knife, drew blood but not to bad, not done it again) THANKS FOR ANYHELP TAMMY
TammySean
Free member

Postby Graeme » Tue 12 Sep 2006 19:31

Hi Tammy.
If I understand your grammar and question correctly you are asking about insects and hurtful animals in BC. You mention the bears, there are also coyotes, mountain lions (Cougars) elk, moose, bob cats, lynx etc. For spiders we have black widows, not usually very poisonous, hobo spiders, nasty bite-disolves muscle tissue very quickly, for snakes we only have the rattlesnake in the poisonous group and this far north they are only in specific areas with a very weak venom. We have hornets (wasps) and bees and many biting insects such as blackfly, mosquitoes and gnats (no-see-ums). All in all it's a safe place to live.
Graeme :)
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby TammySean » Tue 12 Sep 2006 19:37

You call that safe :cry: i call the commen house spider safe, not the black widow, but thanks for that will now go look up the spiders on the internet :lol:
TammySean
Free member

Postby Michael44 » Tue 12 Sep 2006 21:10

Tammy, in Canada, you stab some one , you go to jail, I suggest you take a course in Anger Management.

The jail is full of Spiders, Big Ones.
:o
Michael44
Free member

Postby TammySean » Wed 13 Sep 2006 13:16

Thanks michael44, You made me laugh then :lol: If the prison is full of spiders BIG ones,yu hade better keep the knifes away from me, :? looks like ill be eating my dinner with my fingers, :twisted: Nice to no im comming over to british columbia in about 6-9 months, thanks alot Tammy :P
TammySean
Free member

Postby Kay » Thu 14 Sep 2006 18:50

I've shifted this into the Jumble Sale because, other than deleting it, I didn't know what else to do - and I haven't got time to edit it.

This posting breaks several of our rules, not least that it was posted in the wrong place - a board which is about the practicalities of moving to Canada. (Maybe I should go and change the description of the board to make it clearer.) But SHOUTING and postings which are barely in understandable English aren't very useful here.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Canada - Jumble Sale