Help us please!!

This forum is for all the jumbled up info about Canada. We've asked that, on the info forums, you please post on the relevant forums, start new threads for new topics, and please keep on topic. Otherwise the info is too hard too find for those coming after, and the already overworked Mods end up having to repeatedly answer the same questions. (If your posting is locked in here, please feel free to post again in the appropriate place.)

Help us please!!

Postby deanjp32 » Thu 02 Nov 2006 10:40

[Separated from original topic. If you've got a question of your own that isn't directly related to a topic, please start your own thread - don't hijack other people's.]

Hi,

Since you guys are talking about Nova Scotia i thought you could give us some guidance :? . We have started down the long (very long) road to PR and are waiting the stated 42 months on our AOR (40 to go). We have been to Ontario and BC this year and are planning our next trip in May to Nova Scotia. Could you give us any guidance on where to go to meet officials of industry etc so we can start to make contacts in the hope that maybe we could speed up the process by either work visa while we wait for PR or even go down the PNP route. Both my wife and myself are involved within the food industry at senior levels with my wife being the principal applicant. Wading through all the websites out there is very confusing as there is so much info that you get brain drain after a while. We really could do with some sound advice as to where to go, who to see etc to help get things moving or at least to give us an idea.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Kind regards

Dean
deanjp32
Free member

Postby Michael1944 » Thu 02 Nov 2006 15:51

What area of the Food Industry, Distribution, Production,, Store Mangement??

Sobeys are a major Retailer, N.S based, they might be a place to start?
Michael1944
Free member

NS

Postby deanjp32 » Thu 02 Nov 2006 16:58

Hi,

We both work in the manufacturing side of the food industry. Frozen and fresh food production. Any advice or contacts that may be able to help us get there earlier would be much appreciated :)
deanjp32
Free member

Postby Michael1944 » Fri 03 Nov 2006 14:50

I gave a web connect for Oxford Frozen Foods as a start, but for some reason, this site does not allow links.????

Anyway, google to them, NS People are really friendly, talk to HR at their plant, they should have lots of advice.

[Comment by Site Admin. There's no mystery as to why the link was deleted - our policies are there for anyone to read in our Posting Guidelines. - Dave]
Michael1944
Free member

NS help

Postby deanjp32 » Sat 04 Nov 2006 10:28

Thanks Michael,

Will do that. Does anyone else have any ideas on who and where in NS we could get some help with getting to NS before 42+ months :idea: :idea: :idea: . Having lived in Montreal for a couple of years and travelled Canada a fair bit you can understand why i am pushing to spend the next 4 years in Canada rather than in the UK.

Cheers
deanjp32
Free member

Return to Canada - Jumble Sale