ANY MILITARY OUT THERE?

This forum is for all the jumbled up info about Canada. We've asked that, on the info forums, you please post on the relevant forums, start new threads for new topics, and please keep on topic. Otherwise the info is too hard too find for those coming after, and the already overworked Mods end up having to repeatedly answer the same questions. (If your posting is locked in here, please feel free to post again in the appropriate place.)

ANY MILITARY OUT THERE?

Postby cama » Sun 16 Sep 2007 16:48

My wife and I are just about to start he long process of applying via the SW route. I'm in the army and have been for 20 plus years (Infantry). My wife is a chef and it seems it is her quals that hold the key to use having enough points to apply.

We are both fed up with the way the UK seems to be heading, it is just not a nice palce to live any more. :shock:

We'd be intrested in hearing from any ex military who've moved. How far in advance did you get your police checks done? How hard is it (we've lived in Cyprus and Germany (I assum Bosnia, Iraq etc do not count).

Do we really need an agent, or would we be better to save our money and go it alone?

What about my amry pension? I've heard it is best just to leave it in a UK bank and use a UK credit card, paying the bill via my pension?

My pension will be about £14000 ($28000) how does that compare with wages in Canada.

cama

Postby Dave » Sun 16 Sep 2007 17:22

Hi, and welcome to the Canada forum.

I've moved this to the Jumble Sale as it covers so many different questions. You're very welcome to post them, but please post each question on the appropriate board - assuming that they haven't already been answered (there's been extensive discussion about agents on the Immigration board, for instance).
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Canada - Jumble Sale