help,advice and more advice

This forum is for all the jumbled up info about Canada. We've asked that, on the info forums, you please post on the relevant forums, start new threads for new topics, and please keep on topic. Otherwise the info is too hard too find for those coming after, and the already overworked Mods end up having to repeatedly answer the same questions. (If your posting is locked in here, please feel free to post again in the appropriate place.)

help,advice and more advice

Postby paj91 » Wed 06 May 2009 22:11

i am in need of help and advice,my wife and i have decided to start the ball rolling about a move to canada,we need help with areas to live, job agences and good schools for our children,i am currently starting college on a plumbing coures,my wife is a child care practiconer,at 35yrs old i feel this is the last time to put roots down in a place called home.so weather its good or bad advice we need to find out every last detail about canada and what it has to offer us as a family,thanks paul and jo :D
paj91
Free member

Postby jessica » Thu 07 May 2009 01:38

Right Paul and Jo,

first of all, you need to do the on-line test to see how many points you have and how you can boost that if you need to.

This bit's helpful:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... ly-who.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... /index.asp

and

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... /index.asp

If you have sufficient points then you can start the process of immigrating to Canada.

If you have insufficient points, then you can endeavour to boost the points with more education or by other methods, eg finding a wanted occupation, PNP, a job here to get you extra points etc. All the information is on that CIC site.

This is your basic first step.

That's what I think, anyway.

Good luck.
jessica
Supporter

for jessica

Postby paj91 » Thu 07 May 2009 08:31

thanks for that jessica,did the test and passed,we are going to to learning france as we only speak a very little bit so that is one area to get better points scored,im doing a plumbing course at the moment so by the time the application is fininshed i would be qualifide by 2 yrs so again would mean a higher points score,but thank again
paj91
Free member

Postby gozomark » Thu 07 May 2009 11:29

Hi paj91, and welcome to the forum :D

Can I please suggest that before you send off any paperwork that you check your grammar?

- Sentences start with a capital letter
- It's French, not france you want to learn
- It's Plumbing, not PLUBBING (see your profile)
- It's course, not corse
- It's practitioner, not practiconer
- It's Manitoba, not manatoba
- It's minute, not minate
- It's qualified, not qualifide
- It's Canada, not canada

You might think I'm nit-picking, but mistakes like these don't look good on an application form...
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby paj91 » Thu 07 May 2009 14:48

thanks for the nit picking,next time i will use a big dictionary,i thought this was to help people with dreams of making a better life not belittleing people on a web site with thousands of people reading differant stuff,im sorry if there are some spelling mistakes but its help i need not a lesson in spellings, thanks anyway but id like replys from people only willing to help not NIT PICK
paj91
Free member

Postby gozomark » Thu 07 May 2009 15:06

You asked for advice - I gave it. An application form scattered with as many grammatical errors as your posts would give a very bad impression, and could lead to you being rejected. I'm sorry if you don't see this a useful advice.
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby paj91 » Thu 07 May 2009 15:14

NO I DID NOT you see im not the best speller in the world buti have manners,when i fill in the immigration forms i would use a spell checker,but i did say i would take good and bad advice so thanks for pointing that out
paj91
Free member

Postby Kay » Thu 07 May 2009 16:07

@ pag91

Our members do try to help people achieve their dreams of a new life. However, people have to help themselves a bit too. Quite honestly I find some of your postings almost unintelligible.

Mark was giving you good advice and rather than thanking him, you accused him of not having good manners. This is unacceptable to me. Mark is an incredibly helpful Site Admin and does not deserve abuse such as you gave him.

I suggest you apologise to Mark. Otherwise, I'll just remind you that this is a free service, to which you have not contributed anything, and if you don't like it or can't be polite to our Mods and Admins, then you are FREE to go somewhere else.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Kay
Site Admin

Postby carolinedraper » Thu 07 May 2009 17:07

At the risk of being shot at :hide: I think that both Jessica and Gozo Mark have given great and useful advice.

I appreciate that you may have taken the advice the wrong way but all we have to go on is what we see and read on here.

If we spot lots of mistakes then we do not want you to make those again on your application form. It would be a shame to lose points on a detail like the English Lang / Lit - CIC are so nit picky that as mods and site admins we would be amiss not to forearm you.

Think of it from another perspective - say you are rejected due to spelling and grammer - would you not ask "why did no one ever tell me".

Good luck in your quest.

Personally my advice:
1/ Always check the CIC web site and the Canada House web site as they are constantly updated.
2/Check your spelling and grammer - we all make mistakes - I am an Eng Lit Grad and I get it wrong as well at times.
3/Decide if you like beaches or lakes.
4/ City or rural
5/Is public transport important to you.
6/Rent or buy
7/Land or back yard.

There are plenty more but that's a start.
carolinedraper
Supporter

Postby paj91 » Thu 07 May 2009 17:20

i was just pointing out that there was no need to write and list things i spelt wrong and as i said i will take the good and bad things in mind,if mark had a problem with my spelling he could have put something about watch my grammer not list item after item that was wrong,and thanks to the last post that gave my a list off good things to do
paj91
Free member

Postby gozomark » Thu 07 May 2009 19:16

Hi paj - I'm sorry you interpreted my posts the wrong way, I was only trying to help. I'm guessing English isn't your first language. We all make spelling mistakes whilst typing, and thats why hitting the "spellchecker" before posting (as I tend to do) is a good idea. No hard feelings I hope :D
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby paj91 » Thu 07 May 2009 19:38

mark im sorry too,i am english just not so good at spelling lol,we are stressed at how much there is to do to move country,i just thought get a visa get on a plane and your there,so im sorry,we got off on the wrong foot
paj91
Free member

Postby darren » Wed 13 May 2009 02:47

This post is so funny :D
Just imagine the scenario: Applicant has 2million points, 100 thousand pounds in the bank been married for 10 years, has 4 children and a small Hen in it's forties called.... Colin.
But is refused entry because of his Grammar....what a load of Sh##e...

Keep it up Chappies, this is great reading...lol
darren
Free member

Postby gozomark » Wed 13 May 2009 08:34

Whereas for someone who is marginal on points, and doesn't own a geriatric chicken (both issues I suspect are true in this case), it could make the difference. It could also make a difference to a prospective employer who came across this forum.
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby paj91 » Wed 13 May 2009 09:07

marks advice is true,and i thank him for that but it is only a forum and not application form off any type,his advice is reseved with thanks as i said i take the good and bad advice,but thanks for the support darren :D
paj91
Free member

Next

Return to Canada - Jumble Sale