It is currently Sun 16 Jun 2019 10:31 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Benin – Quick Quiz
    Try our Quick Quiz about Benin - known as Dahomey before 1975 and one of the most powerful kingdoms of pre-colonial West Africa.

Housing/Property

Building Materials

Old or new? Buy or rent? Dealing with builders, notaries, agents etc? Try here for info. NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Any property ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

Building Materials

Postby Cathy M » Wed 14 Feb 2007 10:39 GMT

I am new to this forum so this is my first appeal for advice/help.

We have bought a house in a village about 15km north of Sandanski which is SW Bulgaria on th E79.

We were given a quote for building renervations etc back in late November. Now we have agreed the designs etc and about to sign a contract the quote has been increased partly because we have altered our original ideas, but the builder has increased his fees to charge an increase of 10% for the rise in the cost of building materials.

Does anybody know if building materials have gone up by 10% in the last 3 months?
If they have then logically there will be an increase o a further 30% in the next 9 monthes.Can Bulgaria cope with this sort of inflation?

Is this just a scam by the builder / property managment company to get more money out of us?

I have got to say the original quote was higher than what we intended to spend on the property but the so have our plans.

Thanks

Cathy
Posted by:
Cathy M

Postby ken40 » Tue 13 Mar 2007 17:51 GMT

hi
I am a british builder in bulgaria.And yes the materials have gone up 10%
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
ken40
Free member

Postby Budvar » Sat 3 Nov 2007 00:46 GMT

Hi, this may sound a bit er.. an odd question, but whats the availability of building supplies, can I get anything I need like in a Brit builders merchants, like turn up with cash and take what I require there and then, or are supplies limited, and local builders get priority?
Posted by:
Budvar

website

Postby ken40 » Sun 4 Nov 2007 21:17 GMT

hi there is a website that i have seen with a new page for building supplies on it.I thing this is a good idea for british people to find suppliers
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
ken40
Free member

Postby kay&pete » Sat 14 Feb 2009 08:49 GMT

hi could anyone please tell me if there is a quarry or builders merchants near nova zagora. we have a house in banya and are planning to bring weed suppressent over with us, and hopefully find some kind of gravel to cover our garden,which will mean less work.
many thanks kay& pete
Posted by:
kay&pete
Free member

Return to Housing/Property