It is currently Wed 18 Sep 2019 07:32 GMT
Change font size

Housing/Property

do we need an independent solicitor?

Old or new? Buy or rent? Dealing with builders, notaries, agents etc? Try here for info. NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Any property ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

do we need an independent solicitor?

Postby j&p » Tue 22 Jan 2008 13:12 GMT

We are hoping to purchase property in BG, possibly through Bulgarian Properties. Does anyone have any direct experience of this firm? Independent solicitors seem very expensive compared to the cost of the properties that we're looking at. Has anyone had bad experiences through relying on this company's (or any others') own solicitors?
Posted by:
j&p

Postby Trev » Tue 22 Jan 2008 18:57 GMT

If you like to gamble that everything your real estate agent tells you is the absolute truth, and that they have told you everything about your intended purchase, use their solicitor.

However, you should realise that real estate agents in Bulgaria are not regulated in the same fashion as in the UK.

Actually, their is no regulation at all!
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Postby Milen » Wed 30 Jan 2008 10:00 GMT

Hi j&p,

as Trev says, the property agencies in Bulgaria usually hide some things, if the property is hard to sell. This way they make it attractive. As an independent solicitor, I can tell you that it's good idea to have the property checked by third party. The property may have encumbrances set by other parties, which makes the property unwanted. Not all independent solicitors are expensive ;)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Milen
Free member

Postby fido » Sun 3 Feb 2008 21:34 GMT

I chose to get an independent solicitor as that's the way we do it in UK and it seems to work well enough. I'm not sure if you get the same attention to detail as you would get from a British solicitor, if you just go for the standard service. I suspect that if you want searches for road and other possible nearby developments you may have to specifically ask for such work to be included. Similarly if you have concerns about access, rights of way, fences etc it would be worth making these known to the solicitor in case they are overlooked.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
fido
Free member

Postby krysia » Thu 14 Feb 2008 14:00 GMT

to answer the post subjects title

yes yes yes !!!
Posted by:
krysia
Free member

Solicitor

Postby Jax » Sun 4 Aug 2013 15:53 GMT

I intend buying a property in Bulgaria. I found a English - Bulgarian speaking solicitor on the UK Embassy website in Bulgaria. All details on there.
Posted by:
Jax
Free member

Return to Housing/Property