It is currently Mon 23 Sep 2019 18:08 GMT
Change font size

Housing/Property

Strawbale Housing

Old or new? Buy or rent? Dealing with builders, notaries, agents etc? Try here for info. NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Any property ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

Strawbale Housing

Postby IanK » Mon 25 Aug 2008 22:21 GMT

Good Evening Everyone,

Can anyone tell me if strawbale building is allowed in Bulgaria. We would like to build a non-load bearing strawbale house (timber frame), and can't find any specific regulations on this or other alternative building methods (cob, rammed earth, adobe, etc.). I have found some information on the acceptance of eco-building, but nothing specific.

If anyone has any ideas on this, I would appreciate any insight.

Cheers,
Posted by:
IanK

HELLO MATE

Postby konstantin_popov » Tue 3 Nov 2009 15:24 GMT

hello i'm working in a company which make prefabricated houses and eco- houses .It's not a problem to build that type of house but you need a lots of documents. [Email link removed - if you've got info to share, please do it here; if you want to advertise, please buy an ad on the Adverts board. - Dave]
Posted by:
konstantin_popov

Straw Bale Housing

Postby thetravelbug » Fri 30 Apr 2010 07:41 GMT

Lots of people are involved in this type of eco building in Bulgaria. I have friends up around Veliko Turnovo that build straw and mud brick houses and run courses or volunteer projects for those interested.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
thetravelbug
Free member

Return to Housing/Property