It is currently Mon 23 Sep 2019 18:02 GMT
Change font size

Housing/Property

Property Contract

Old or new? Buy or rent? Dealing with builders, notaries, agents etc? Try here for info. NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Any property ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

Property Contract

Postby Kas in Spain » Thu 13 Nov 2008 11:06 GMT

We have recently visited Bulgaria to complete on our property in Kosharitza. However when we go there, the builders had not done the snagging list we left them with and the site has not been granted an Act 16 as it was still not finished and water had to be pumped to the site. The building and site was supposed to be finished in March 2006 and the builders have been paid minus 4000€ which is a dispute for the splash pool which doesn't exist. We have been advised by a Lawyer who tells us that we have a good case for claiming our monies back plus compensation for lost rentals. The Lawyer said that this will cost about 7000€ and possibly more. We don't know what to do as we don't know how strong the Laws are in Bulgaria. To do the same work in Spain the Lawyer would charge us 3000€ which includes court and Lawyer fees. Can anyone advise us as to whether they think we should go aheah and sue this builder and the likely chances of winning our case. Thanks
Posted by:
Kas in Spain

Postby Milen » Sat 15 Nov 2008 16:10 GMT

Hi Karen,

I'm a Bulgarian lawyer. Basically attorney fees in Bulgaria are calculated on the basis of the claim amount. So it depends on how much money you will claim. If you wish, just drop me an email about the exact claim amount you want to file and I will give you some real numbers.

Milen
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Milen
Free member

Return to Housing/Property