It is currently Thu 19 Sep 2019 03:01 GMT
Change font size

Housing/Property

HELP - Maintenance Issues!

Old or new? Buy or rent? Dealing with builders, notaries, agents etc? Try here for info. NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Any property ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

HELP - Maintenance Issues!

Postby mercury3 » Sat 5 Sep 2009 17:03 GMT

I have an apartment in Mercury 3 in Sunny Beach [link removed by Site Admin - our posting guidelines explain why].

This was just being finished up 2 years ago when I went over to check it all out and it seemed fine. However, I have just returned today from a week trip to get over there and actually finally furnish the apartment but ended up not doing this as the place was like a tip.

Basically, there has been no maintenance contract on this. It seems nobody had paid and nothing was in place and therefore the developer has abandoned it. The inside of the blocks have been maintained to a half decent level by a lady who lives there and has organised a few things but the garden area surrounding the pool looks like an abandoned field. Flowerbeds have been left unplanted and therefore are completely filled with huge amount of weeds in every square inch. Weeds upto 4ft high. The patio area too is infested with weeds.

I have offered to pay money to get this sorted but it seems to be such a mish mash that there's no real direction. The owner of a bar on the complex has kept the pool clean but cannot keep on top of the weeds.

So, I am basically looking for ideas, companies, or individuals that can help. I/we are looking to have the area completely de-weeded and have some nice grass or low maintenance shrubs or plants planted. This inital job will be quite big due to the overgrown and overwhelming nature of the weed infestation. After this it will need to be maintained - e.g. watered, looked after and someone keeping on top of the weeds to avoid the problem returning.

So, does anyone have any idea of where I can get this sort of service and at what sort of cost or has anyone had similar problems?
Posted by:
mercury3

Postby Dave » Sat 5 Sep 2009 17:18 GMT

Hi, and welcome. Sorry to hear about your problems.

If anyone's got general advice to offer, they're very welcome to offer it. However, we don't allow adverts - including "Situations vacant" adverts - on boards other than our advertising boards. (Our posting guidelines explain why.) So any recommendations of specific companies or individuals will be removed.

Good luck!
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby mercury3 » Sat 5 Sep 2009 20:13 GMT

No problem. Well if anyone has any general advice or idea of price and best way to track someone down then I'd really appreciate it!
Posted by:
mercury3

maintenance

Postby thetravelbug » Fri 30 Apr 2010 07:48 GMT

Was there no maintenance contract in place when you bought the place as unusual not to be unless it is a very small development. What about the other owners? Seems unfair that you should have to pay for it all and who will pay for general maintenance?

I can help sort out the clearance of the plot for you but think you would need some agreement with all the other owners. Are they mainly British? Do you know them all? Could you get everyone together and agree on a management contract? Ongoing maintenance will be harder without someone there to ensure work is done.

Have you approached the agent that sold you the property? Is the developer still around and in business as they usually sub-contract out the management contract.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
thetravelbug
Free member

Return to Housing/Property