It is currently Wed 26 Jun 2019 07:41 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Benin – Quick Quiz
    Try our Quick Quiz about Benin - known as Dahomey before 1975 and one of the most powerful kingdoms of pre-colonial West Africa.

Housing/Property

bg company tax issues

Old or new? Buy or rent? Dealing with builders, notaries, agents etc? Try here for info. NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Any property ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

bg company tax issues

Postby nedkell » Wed 26 May 2010 21:22 GMT

hi all
wonder if anyone can help me i bought a run down property in svode village in april 09 i have deeds etc and company name all in bulgarian do i have to submit a tax return and if so how and when thanks. Steve
Posted by:
nedkell

Tax return

Postby thegudlife » Thu 10 Jun 2010 17:19 GMT

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, you would have needed to complete a tax return even it is a null return. The date of submission for 2009 would have been 31 March 2010.

I did this first time around they stung me with a 500 lev fine.

If you don't submit one, they close your business down. I am not sure what happens then though, but I should imagine it is a document nightmare.

Sorry for the bad news

Dominic
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
thegudlife
Free member

Tax Return

Postby comdis » Thu 17 Jun 2010 10:35 GMT

Hi i am bill (comdis) as from this year you do not have to be registered for tax with a company name You say you bought your house in april the 9th well this is after the new tax year started i would deregister A.S.A.P and save you self a load of dosh my wife is an accountant here in England and we went to the tax office and she was told there that from this year you do not have to be registered to buy a property in Bulgaria best of luck from bill in Bezhanovo
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
comdis
Free member

Return to Housing/Property