It is currently Thu 22 Aug 2019 18:51 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Housing/Property

Sveti Vlas Newbie

Old or new? Buy or rent? Dealing with builders, notaries, agents etc? Try here for info. NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Any property ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

Sveti Vlas Newbie

Postby paul1949 » Sat 19 Jun 2010 12:37 GMT

Hi
Not sure if this is in the correct thread, if not I am sure it will be moved to the correct one.
My wife and I have recently bought a studio apartment in the Fort Noks complex, Sveti Vlas, as an investment for our retirement.
The intention is to let it as a holiday base, as we live in the UK we cannot oversee the general day to day care of the place.
Is it advisable to try and find a local expat to do this for us or a local Bulgarian?
What would be a reasonable hourly rate of pay for someone to take care of the apartment?
I assume there are agencies that undertake this kind of work but will charge, we would much prefer to deal with a "caretaker" so to speak on a personal basis.
Any help would be most appreciated.
I am sure I will be back on here many times until I am confident I can manage myself.
Paul
Posted by:
paul1949

Postby paul1949 » Sun 4 Jul 2010 10:53 GMT

Bit disappointed with this forum.
Having joined with high hopes of help from expats who are familiar with Bulgarian life, after nearly three weeks not one response to my posting.
I also note there are approx 180 other unanswered posts.
Posted by:
paul1949

Postby Kay » Sun 4 Jul 2010 12:03 GMT

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with our forum. We do our best but a lot of people take things for granted or just try to use us to dump their adverts or self-promotional rubbish. It takes us quite a lot of time to keep the place clean for the benefit of our users.

Actually "users" is a very appropriate word, since the majority of people seem to prefer to take rather than give anything back. If people spent as much time contributing as they do complaining, then of course the forum would be much better.

Perhaps if you had contributed some information to what we already have here you might've had more hope of getting a response. In the time it took you to count and criticise the number of postings, you could have written a couple of paragraphs about where you live. That would be giving something back.

But when people show up, expect answers, don't make friends, or help the community in any way, it's not surprising to find that others don't rush to help them. Sometimes you need to give a little before you try to take.

Try helping some people and you might find that people will be more willing to help you. It is a community after all. Think about it. Would you go round to your neighbours and demand or expect something from them without offering anything in return, and then complain when you don't get it?

Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean that you're not dealing with real people.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby paul1949 » Mon 12 Jul 2010 17:51 GMT

My post was a "foot in the water" so to speak, more would have followed later had I received a response.
Other than letting others know a little about us there would not be a lot I could contribute as we are totally new to Bulgaria.
Posted by:
paul1949

Postby paul1949 » Fri 6 Aug 2010 20:31 GMT

Other than the response from Kay still nothing constructive, how sad.
This will be my last visit to a very disappointing forum.
Posted by:
paul1949

Postby thetravelbug » Fri 5 Nov 2010 11:04 GMT

Sorry you were disappointed. There are many Bulgaria forums. This one is fairly restrictive in that members cannot include url in their signature, not allowed to advertise in anyway....while I can appreciate this to stop people spamming, and coming merely to promote themselves, by allowing all members a signature url it encourages those living and working and providing services in BG to contribute.

Anyway hope you enjoy your apartment in Sveti Vlas. We are looking to buy a place just up the road in Kosharitsa once we sell one of our inland villas to fund this. Sveti Vlas is lovely around the centre.

I would find an expat to take care of things for you. More reliable than Bulgarian (usually) and no problems with communication. There are various property management companies in the area.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
thetravelbug
Free member

Postby Kay » Fri 5 Nov 2010 19:34 GMT

We do allow sigs and advertising - to premium members.

BTW, feedback about this forum belongs on the FAQ, Problems, Info, Suggestions forum not on the Bulgaria Housing/Property forum.

http://britishexpat.com/expatforum/gene ... m.php?f=31

Thanks.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Housing/Property