It is currently Mon 25 May 2020 21:36 GMT
Change font size

Climate and Weather

Rain, Rain, Go Away, Send it to United K..

Is Bulgaria really that cold in winter? And is that all there is to the weather? Find out the truth here!

Rain, Rain, Go Away, Send it to United K..

Postby SuperGadger » Thu 8 Jul 2010 08:11 GMT

In a desperate attempt to learn more about what’s happening here and, to an even greater and far more tragic extent, in so many countries around the planet, yesterday, (when I could actually use the Internet,) I spent, wait for it, over four hours scouring every scientific web site for someone’s informed opinion as to the cause of worldwide flooding:

Here’s what I discovered..

Sod all.

Now, it seems, meteorological scientists are being funded to do little more than argue with each other. If you’re not aware of the more recent developments, a new method for determining ocean temperatures at a specific depth has been developed and in use during past months. (For a change, not subject to individual opinion, it’s universally agreed that ocean and sea temperature has a massive influence on world temperatures and weather patterns. So, ocean temperatures are one of the key, if not the key factor in determining global temperature variation.) I know little more than the optimum depth for determining actual water temperature, presumably where it is not affected by extraneous factors, or maybe the depth at which the *Great Ocean Conveyor’s current is strongest, is 3,000 feet, (915 metres.) With this data, in combination with the findings from other physical sources, one faction of bickering meteorological scientists are telling us here’s absolute proof that Global Warming came to a halt in 1998 and since the year 2000, the planet has entered a slow phase of Global Cooling, “And we can prove it!” They claim..

“No” say the opposing faction, “Wrong, it’s still warming up – and we can prove it!”

So, let’s look at the situation as it really is.. This obviously means that although these academics claiming to understand the processes of the world’s weather might have a myriad of data being continually amassed from every measurable and recordable event, there exist so many different ways of interpreting these data that no-one can say or prove who’s right or wrong.

Another aspect of this is the sunspot count. There’s even more than one method for counting these. I can tell you, however, the count, regardless of which method is used, is very low and has remained so for over two years. Were this trend to continue, geological and historical (1700s,)evidence clearly record the consequence to which academics refer as the mini ice age or Maunder Minimum, (it was Professor Maunder who recorded the lack of sunspots.) Also, during June, there occurred two major mass ejections of charged particles, (often referred to as ‘Cosmic Rays’) from the sun resulting from ‘Coronal Holes’ which are literally massive holes in the sun’s outer atmosphere and from these holes charged particles are expelled. It is almost certain that extreme levels of charged particles react with the Earth’s atmosphere and, avoiding the physics of this, ‘Seed’ low level cloud.

Did any of this cause the flooding? Is the weather undergoing a massive change? Are we going to freeze? Are we going to roast?

Your guess is as good as mine and, apparently, as good as that of our meteorological scientists.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
SuperGadger
Free member

Postby doggnap » Tue 3 Aug 2010 17:35 GMT

Nothing to do with HAARP project then??
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
doggnap
Free member

Postby SuperGadger » Tue 3 Aug 2010 17:48 GMT

No, nothing whatever to do do with anything that can be changed or influenced by mankind lest it be over a period of many decades. Who are you and why are you asking such stupid questions?
Posted by:
SuperGadger
Free member

Postby doggnap » Tue 3 Aug 2010 20:38 GMT

well thanks for insulting me on my first post for asking such stupid questions!!

isnt it you who asked "In a desperate attempt to learn more about what’s happening here"

Never mind, blame it all on CO2

:hide:
Posted by:
doggnap
Free member

Postby Trev » Wed 4 Aug 2010 08:02 GMT

SuperGadger wrote: Who are you and why are you asking such stupid questions?

Out of order there Supergadger, if you have had a really bad day please do not take it out on other users.

Thank you :)
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Postby SuperGadger » Wed 4 Aug 2010 14:39 GMT

OK, sorry DOGNAPP and the adjudicator – ‘good observation but, not so much a bad day as a bad life.. Prior to migrating to Bulgaria and hanging up my pen I was a technical author. 2 years prior to that I began providing re-writes, proof reads and reports from notations and recordings. The people for whom I worked were 7 meteorological scientists from around the globe. At that time there were the two camps divided by Warming and Cooling data and the general consensus of opinion still clung to the C02 thing.

The admiration I had for most of these individuals has since subsided. Similarly to academics from all areas of the sciences, where there’s an undoubted a plethora of great brains there’s also a distinct lack of imagination and dogged tendencies to adhere to data compiled over long periods of time and for which individuals claim ownership.

Whilst there are still many notable scientists insisting that Warming and man-made C02 are a continuing trend, there exists a mounting quantity of data to the contrary.

My own degree is in engineering and I could be considered a complete layman compared to these notables. Notwithstanding, my own research leads me to believe Cooling has been in existence for at least 8 years and the sun, (as opposed to C02,) has been playing the major role in changing historical climate patterns including the May through July 2010 flooding catastrophes right across the globe.

Anyone truly interested should stick “Maunder Minimum” and “2009 – 2010 sunspot activity” into Google, (whilst cursing their new, infuriating side-bar.) Plus, “Arctic ice increasing 2010”

So, DOGNAPP, please accept my apology for snarling at you, I suppose, instead, I should have been encouraged that at least one person had sufficient sense to take an interest in the subject matter – The general attitude is one of complete insouciance normally accompanied by “What’s the point? ‘can’t do anything about it” – Perhaps we should all give up, go live in a tree and hurl faeces at each other..

DOGNAPP, I’m in Iskra, near Karnobat, maybe I should buy you a rakia or two to make up for my indiscretion? (I’m not actually as boring as my prose and I even laugh occasionally.)
Posted by:
SuperGadger
Free member

Postby Trev » Wed 4 Aug 2010 19:27 GMT

SuperGadger wrote:OK, sorry DOGNAPP

Thanks for that SuperGadger, greatly appreciated.

SuperGadger wrote: maybe I should buy you a rakia

Why waste good money on Rakia, make your own, it tastes a lot better, there must be a few private distilleries around your area.

Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Rakia

Postby SuperGadger » Wed 4 Aug 2010 19:59 GMT

Indeed yes.. A mere figure of speech as it happens, I was lucky enough to live next door to someone considered to be the local 'Master' of rakia and cabernet sauvignon production. Last year, under this guy's tutelage after fermenting my wine, I distilled it in Karnobat into 57 litres of 54% ABV rakia and matured it in an oak barrel.. I'm now down to the last 10-ish litres. With the addition of 3 drops of Muscat essential oll per 3 litres of rakia and mineral water to bring the ABV down to 44% plus the oak softening, almsot a brandy! So, no buying involved, just pouring.. Nazdreve!
Posted by:
SuperGadger
Free member

Re: Rakia

Postby Trev » Thu 5 Aug 2010 09:36 GMT

SuperGadger wrote: With the addition of 3 drops of Muscat essential oll per 3 litres of rakia

That is a good tip, must try that later. Around here that would be too refined for the locals, don't think most are to bothered about the taste, just want the alcohol content. :)

Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Postby doggnap » Sun 8 Aug 2010 08:55 GMT

No offence taken, maybe take you up on the drinky when we come out, will be staying in Radilovo from Nov. A great eye opener if you havent seen it is the great global warming swindle.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 369613647#
Posted by:
doggnap
Free member

Postby SuperGadger » Tue 10 Aug 2010 09:13 GMT

Hello again and apology number 2 for misspelling your I.D. Doggnap - Here's some stuff:

Radilovo to Karnobat.
Driving time: 3.25 hours - 1 hour of which comprises motorway/s
Distance: 167 miles (268 kms) – but, only 73 miles (117 kms) of which are via motorway
Cost, approx £28 (65lv - €33) - ow!

'Kin long way for rakia even as good as mine and I'm sure you have your reasons but November is definitely not one the best months to visit Bulgaria.. That written, however, if you'd been here in June or July this year you'd have wondered what the hell was happening as the rain punched dents into the top of your head.

Thanks for the 'Swindle' link.. I have been following the recent upsurge of accusations being made at people, (and I use the term purely to conform to this Forum's dislike of fulminating profanity,) such as politicians and similar human detritus who appear to be happily using Warming as yet another excuse to line their bottomless pockets. I had not, however, read the site you kindly supplied so thanks for that.. My name's Laurie, incidentally - should we continue to liaise, maybe you'd prefer to be hailed by your real name?

If your interest in the subject that's electronically introduced us is more than passing and you've not yet heard of the following, stick, 'Global Dimming' in Google and scan to where, following the 2 days after the Trade Centre atrocity, the entire USA aviation activity came to a halt and a young scientist was stunned to discover that an average of 23% more sunlight was recorded in every state. - Ironically, if, against current academic speculation, the Global Warming scenario is correct, stinking up the upper atmosphere with aviation exhaust might actually be our saviour!

...And I say to myself - what a wonderful world...
Posted by:
SuperGadger
Free member

Postby Kay » Tue 10 Aug 2010 10:40 GMT

Hi Folks

If you're interested in climate change in general, we have a dedicated Opinions/Politics board on our general forum.
http://www.britishexpat.com/expatforum/ ... m.php?f=45

Coincidentally, someone else has just started a climate change discussion on there. You're welcome to join in or start new topics as you wish.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby doggnap » Tue 10 Aug 2010 11:01 GMT

Hi Laurie, Keith here

Thanks for the global dimming heads up very interesting stuff more believeable than some other theories.

Yes we were over in BG June, July time for 2 weeks staying in Bebrovo near Elana and luckily for us we were driving around so didnt really need to much sunshine , covered nearly 4000km, so you trying to save your Rakia all to yourself by saying just 268km seems like a short drive before breakfast !!

We are renting for six months in Radilovo from November whilst we look for a place to call home, inital 2 weeks was far to rushed and was just getting a feel for different areas. I am being forced into taking up ski when we are out there to make up for Mountain biking and running i try to get my woman to do here.

Back to my original post about Haarp project ... the more i watch and read the more disturbing the world becomes. I realise i want to leave all the madness stick my head in the sand and go and live a more simple life playing " What a wonderul world" on my saxophone

chow
Posted by:
doggnap
Free member

Return to Climate and Weather