It is currently Thu 28 May 2020 05:44 GMT
Change font size

Bulgaria - Jumble Sale

Not long 'til the big move and loads of questions!

This forum is for all the jumbled up info about Bulgaria. We've asked that, on the info forums, you please post on the relevant forums, start new threads for new topics, and please keep on topic. Otherwise the info is too hard too find for those coming after, and the already overworked Mods end up having to repeatedly answer the same questions. (If your posting is locked in here, please feel free to post again in the appropriate place.)

Not long 'til the big move and loads of questions!

Postby Katastrofee » Thu 13 Jul 2006 10:52 GMT

We're on the final countdown to the big move to our properties in Cherni Vrah, Bourgas.

I wondered whether anyone who has made the move already could advise a rough cost of the initial couple of months.

Basically, we need our water and electric turned on, phone connected and hopefully broadband, probably need to register rubbish collection or something like that. How much does all this start up cost?

Then we want to buy a cooker and a fridge. Are they like UK prices or lower?

Does anyone know how much a surveyor or architect hires? We are splitting some of our land and need someone official to OK the plans.

Are building materials quite low costing?

Also, we could do with a second hand truck, soes anyone know what we should expect to pay??

We're just trying to put together a rough price plan!
Thanks!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Katastrofee
Free member

Postby Quest Bulgaria » Thu 13 Jul 2006 11:29 GMT

Hi Kat

Wow, lots of questions !! I'll try and help as best I can and what I don't know, I'll try and find answers for you. Here goes :

Water and electric - this depends upon whether you want it in your own name. Did the agent say they would include this in their service? Might be worth finding out as it's just a drag to do and they do tend to charge a fair bit to foreigners who want this doing.

Broadband - where in BG did you buy? I can find out if it is available for you. The other alternative if it is not available is satellite and cable...

White goods - our readers tell us that on average white goods are about a third of the cost of the UK

Building materials - do you know what you require?

Second hand vehicles - they tend to be quite expensive in BG (after all it wasn't so long ago you had to wait years to get a phone connection). What are you after?

Catch you soon
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Quest Bulgaria
Free member

Postby Kay » Fri 14 Jul 2006 11:57 GMT

Hi Kat

I hope your move goes well and I'm not surprised you have lots of questions, but please help us keep this place running as it should, to make things easier for anyone else looking for similar info.

Please post on the correct boards. Buying a car/truck belongs on the Driving/Motoring board, building materials on the Housing/Property board, and Internet connections on the ICT and electricals board, etc.

It took us ages to separate out all the info in the first place so please do your bit to help us keep it this way.

Thanks

Kay
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Bulgaria - Jumble Sale