It is currently Wed 19 Sep 2018 06:37 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Paraguay – Quick Quiz
    Paraguay, named after the river that flows centrally through it, is one of just two landlocked countries in the Americas. What else do you know about it?

Making the most of the Internet

InTrust Domains - be VERY careful

Here's where to discuss things such as how to deal with Spam, how to protect yourself from net nasties, and other Internet-related issues.

Moderator: JJ

InTrust Domains - be VERY careful

Postby Dave » Sun 21 Feb 2010 17:47 GMT

About an hour ago I received an email from John Timmers at InTrust Domains:

Priority Domain Availability Notice for [domain].com:

In the next few days,[domain].com will be listed for sale. Since you are a previous owner, we thought you might be interested in acquiring [domain].com.

You can confirm your interest in the domain [domain].com by filling out the form here: [link]

After we receive a confirmation that you are interested in the domain [domain].com, our sales staff will be in touch with you promptly to make arrangements.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,
InTrust Domains
11605 Meridian Mkt V #124-134
Falcon, CO 80831

If you are not interested in future priority notices, please simply reply to this message

No more please: initrustbestnames.info/store/unsub/[long string]

Basically, they appear to be a variation on the old Domain Registrars Of America (DROA) scam. They don't actually own the domains, but they'll watch dropped domains - and they'll do everything short of actually saying that they guarantee to ensure you get the domain, to create the impression that they can give that guarantee. All for a fee of "just" $97, according to several of the disgruntled blog comments I've seen.

And of course they can't guarantee that you'll get the domain at all.

You'll see that what they did to us was a bit more sneaky than just offering a domain watch. As you can see, they told us that a domain that we'd previously owned would be "listed for sale". True, no doubt - but only by people monitoring dropped domains. And they have no more right to "sell" those domains than any other registrar; any registrant could type in the name from scratch at their preferred .com registrar and buy it at the usual price.

They said they were offering to "make arrangements". I wonder what arrangements they might have been able to make, other than watching the domain? Given that the domain's still in its redemption period, it'd be easier and cheaper just to take it back into our control and pay our existing registrars.

Scumbags. :evil:
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Mon 22 Feb 2010 09:31 GMT

Yeah, scumbags. :evil:

As for the domain itself, we had deliberately let it expire as it had been bought for a specific purpose - one which we'd never got around to doing. I very much doubt that the domain would be of any interest whatsoever to anyone else.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Tue 23 Feb 2010 21:36 GMT

Amazing cheek. Asking ten times the registration fee - even Cup Final ticket touts actually own the stuff they're selling.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby Trev » Wed 24 Feb 2010 07:24 GMT

Tell me the domain name, I'll buy it, you tell Trust you want it back, we could make millions :)
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Postby Kay » Wed 24 Feb 2010 08:36 GMT

LOL! It really would be funny to scam the scammers! I'd enjoy that. :twisted:
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

"Intrust Domains" now "Domain Match Makers&qu

Postby itguy80831 » Mon 7 Feb 2011 15:10 GMT

It seems like Ken Palm of “Intrust Domain Names” or “Intrust Domains” is rebranding as “Domain Match Makers”.

Both entities are owned by the same parent company “Domain Names International”. All 3 companies are connected to Ken Palm (also Kenn Palm or Kennon Palm).

Is this related to the number of negative posts, reviews and complaints regarding Intrust Domains or Intrust Domain Names? Domain Match Makers seems to be a new separate company although the BBB review on their homepage links to the BBB profile of Intrust Domains.

Coincidentally (Kennon, Kenn or Ken Palm) the owner of “intrustdomains.com” recently listed the domain name for sale at BuyDomains.com.

If you search Google for ”domain match makers” you’ll see a number of self issued, paid press releases recently issued by Ken Palm, Intrust Domains and/or Domain Match Makers. The press releases reference the “Denver Children's Hospital Courage Classic”, talking about how Ken Palm and Domain Match Makers are big supporters. Some people, as a proactive reputation management technique, will issue press releases on themselves with positive associations, so when people Google you company, good positive stories float to the top. These paid, self issued press releases are found on mmdnewswire.com/ Titles and phrases found on these press releases and blog posts include “Help Children by Choosing Domain” and “Domain Match makers announces support for Orphans Hope” and “Changing the lives or orphans”. Why would a company do that? Well, when you’re solicited to buy a domain name from a unknown entity, you’re going to Google their company name to check them out. When the search results include a bunch of soft and fuzzy search results about helping orphans, children and charities, you’re going to assume they are trustworthy. Leveraging the positive association of charity or cause is a common tactic for proactive reputation management.

The press releases for "Domain Match makers" is filled with phrases like “Domain Match Makers heart touches its community” and “Domain Match Makers demonstrates leadership”.

Google the phrases “intrust domains” or “intrust domain names “intrust domain scam” and see how the results differ greatly from “Domain Match Makers”.

Domain Names International is the parent company of both “Intrust Domain Names” and “Domain Match Makers. They share the same addresses. Ken Palm (or Kenn Palm ?) is associated with all three.

(office location)
Domain Names International, Intrust Domain Names & Domain Match Makers
11590 Black Forest Rd, Unit 30
Colorado Springs, CO 80908

(legal and mailing address)
Domain Names International, Intrust Domain Names & Domain Match Makers
11605 Meridian Market View #124-134
Falcon, CO 80831

Thoughts anyone?
Posted by:
itguy80831

Postby Kay » Mon 7 Feb 2011 18:34 GMT

Hi itguy

Welcome to our forum. I guess you found us on a search of InTrust Domains or InTrust Domains scam or similar.

Thanks for your posting about the InTrust Domains scam, because what they do is quite despicable isn't it?

I don't know who you are, but thank you anyway for helping us in the SERPs for the term InTrust Domains scam.

I don't suppose you know anything about the Spam Arrest scam? That's another one I like to help publicise. :twisted:
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Sillcock » Sat 4 Jun 2011 02:39 GMT

Yep - In Trust are one of those scum bags who snap up registrations you want; then try to sell them to you. Ours was the domain for a charity that a staff member stole from us (we were not aware that he registered it in his own name rather then the under the charity). We monitored it and waited for it to expire, but In Trust somehow beat us to it. They tried to sell it for $450 but are now asking $50. The charity name and domain name are a 'made-up' word! So, should we tell them to get lost? I think so. They will never sell it to anyone else! I've offered them $30, however, after reading these blogs, I think I will not offer them anything!
Posted by:
Sillcock

Postby Kay » Sat 4 Jun 2011 06:20 GMT

Yeah, you don't want them to make a profit out of you. But the trouble is that many people are being conned by them and as long as they're able to keep scamming people then I guess they'll keep on doing it.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Making the most of the Internet