Fantasy football

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Fantasy football

Postby spainboy » Wed 04 Aug 2004 13:26

A new footy season starts next week .Anyone fancy a friendly game of fantasy football i 'av been using the Times online game for three years. It's very easy to use ,rules are simple . so if you want to make this season more fun post your team/s name here ,and the let best manager win :lol:
We can have our own BE mini League

The Times link here
Last edited by spainboy on Wed 04 Aug 2004 15:35, edited 2 times in total.
Lisa: Perhaps there is no moral to this story.
Homer: Exactly! It's just a bunch of stuff that happened
spainboy
Free member

Postby spainboy » Wed 04 Aug 2004 14:55

here's my teams.

ACF Banks Besos
    Deportivo Once
    Countmyluckystars
    lanzarote lancets
    Sporting jazmin
Lisa: Perhaps there is no moral to this story.
Homer: Exactly! It's just a bunch of stuff that happened
spainboy
Free member

Postby Kay » Wed 04 Aug 2004 15:14

I used to play Championship Manager, which I got addicted to for a while. :roll: So I think fantasy football would be right up my street. However, with moving house only 10 days away I don't really think I would have time for it. Plus there's the fact that we don't have a direct telephone line in the new place and it may take weeks to get. :cry:

I hope some of the others take up your challenge though.

Kay 8)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Rich » Wed 04 Aug 2004 17:53

My idea of fantasy football is the local Swedish womens team playing naked on the beach 8)

Anyhow.

I used to play Championship Manager, which I got addicted to for a while.

Good girl! I've played the various verions as well once or twice in my life.... :wink:

A new footy season starts next week .Anyone fancy a friendly game of fantasy football

Spainboy, I'd be interested in a BE league, but admit that the tenner cost is not overly enticing.. I'm already in a couple of different (free) ones on-line with assorted friends/groups etc (which you and other BEers would be welcome to join), so i'm not really looking for another game. May change my mind though!
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby Dave » Wed 04 Aug 2004 18:23

Rich wrote:
I used to play Championship Manager, which I got addicted to for a while.

Good girl! I've played the various verions as well once or twice in my life.... :wink:

Funny how many of the players I used to buy a few years back actually ended up playing for Birmingham City eventually... :roll: Jamie Clapham in particular is one name that sticks in my mind :D
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Dave
Site Admin

Postby cellardoor » Tue 12 Oct 2004 19:25

Anyone play at fantasy.premierleague.com ? I'm currently 360 something out of 300,000 teams :D
cellardoor
Free member

Postby Rich » Wed 13 Oct 2004 15:24

360??? Not bad. Not bad at all. I'm only about 176,600 behind you...
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby herc2ules » Wed 13 Oct 2004 18:49

I got banned from playing Championship Manager after my wife found me at 6 in the morning next to a pile of empty pop cans, an over flowing ashtray, stinky clothes and me spitting abuse at the computer that I was going to sell Inzaghi after he missed a sitter.

Never done the fantasy league thing (although naked Swedish girls sounds pretty good). Any advice? And how much time does it tak up?
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot"
~Groucho Marx.
herc2ules
Free member

Return to Sports