Aussie (no)Rules Football

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Aussie (no)Rules Football

Postby herc2ules » Wed 13 Oct 2004 19:05

As I write this, Australian Rules Football is blaring away in the background. Its the first time that I have actually *watched* this sport. Does anyone know what the rules are in this sport? So far as I can tell there are no apparent rules apart from about a hundred guys jumping on each other and throwing the odd, good punch?
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot"
~Groucho Marx.
herc2ules
Free member

Postby spainboy » Wed 13 Oct 2004 22:59

So far as I can tell there are no apparent rules apart from about a hundred guys jumping on each other and throwing the odd, good punch?

Thats about it .Oh and some cheerleaders
Lisa: Perhaps there is no moral to this story.
Homer: Exactly! It's just a bunch of stuff that happened
spainboy
Free member

Postby Dave » Thu 14 Oct 2004 02:51

I think it's a pity they got rid of the old-style goal-judges' clothing - white coats, and white pork-pie hats. If I remember rightly they now wear baseball caps and stripy shirts - international, bland, boring.

The only other thing I really remember about watching it (it used to be on Channel 4 in the late '80s) was the incredible number of adverts for Four 'n Twenty Pies :D
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Sports