It is currently Wed 19 Feb 2020 05:11 GMT
Change font size

Photographers and Artists

Moist media, anyone?

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

Moist media, anyone?

Postby Dave » Sun 15 Jun 2014 08:13 GMT

Kay's alerted me to a book that she thought might be interesting, or not.

Entitled Aquaponics: Moist Media, its subtitle is a masterpiece of bafflement to me:

Combining the technologies and experiences of sycretic [sic] strategies to extend the concept of aquaponics through art practices, as a symbiotic environment in moist media era

It's published by The I-Node of The Planetary Collegium, which sounds like some kind of New Age world government advocacy group but is actually a multi-campus research platform - the I-Node is the Collegium's headquarters, at Plymouth Poly, er, University - that seeks to integrate art, science, technology and consciousness research. Blimey. :shock:

If anyone understands what this is about, can they please explain? Is it a book worth reading, or a book worth submitting to Pseuds Corner?
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Sun 15 Jun 2014 08:17 GMT

LOL!

I was browsing through the art section of Kindle when I came across it. It sounded quite interesting but I didn't know what it meant so I sent it to Dave and asked him to explain. He was mystified too.

Anyway, I got it. It's free today. We have a long flight ahead of us next month and the book will either be fascinating and the time will fly (ha ha), or it'll help me to sleep.

Which would you bet on?
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Sun 15 Jun 2014 16:35 GMT

I'll bet you're asleep in 5 minutes..... :lol:
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Mon 16 Jun 2014 03:13 GMT

LOL, Graeme!

Dave's idea of submitting it to Pseuds Corner is a good one. Not least because they'll pay £10 if they publish it.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Mon 16 Jun 2014 03:58 GMT

Just sent it off. Let's see what happens!
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Photographers and Artists