It is currently Tue 31 Mar 2020 11:15 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Photographers and Artists

Photo of the Week

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

Postby ruggie » Sun 14 Aug 2005 17:19 GMT

Should we have the same sort of group for the best photos?

Could be a useful approach. Then you & Dave use the 'best photos' thread as one of the sources for POTW? Since you would be among the people with power to promote, you wouldn't get caught wanting to use a pic that hadn't been promoted.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby Kay » Sun 14 Aug 2005 18:28 GMT

Excellent.

I propose that the group should include those who have some background of professional photography:

Custom Strat
Savannah Alan
Ruggie
Mike (Clark)
Kay

Does that sound fair?

Of course, anyone can suggest photos for promotion, but only the POTW group can post there. (Just like the BOHOF but a different group of people.)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Sun 14 Aug 2005 20:47 GMT

OK by me, but I propose we add Spainboy to the list.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby Kay » Sun 14 Aug 2005 22:17 GMT

I did wonder about including Geoff as he has an eye for a good photo and is very talented at the image manipulation side of things too. The reason I didn't suggest him was because the group already seemed a bit male-dominated so I restricted it to pros/ex-pros only. Maybe he has done it professionally. Whatever, I'd welcome his input if Spainboy wants do do it.

Have I missed anyone else?
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri 19 Aug 2005 17:25 GMT

PotW for 19 August is Ruggie's landscape - van Rhyn's Pass.

I've cropped it into portrait format for the front page thumbnail. Inevitably some of the impact of the picture is lost, I'm afraid, but I hope I haven't lost all of it...
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Mojan » Fri 19 Aug 2005 20:56 GMT

Good choice!
That's a rugged looking piece of country Ruggie.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Mojan
Free member

Postby Dave » Fri 19 Aug 2005 23:05 GMT

The new PotW board has now been set up as described in the exchanges between Kay and Ruggie above, so I'm locking this thread.

If you want to post any photos, please create a new topic in this board. (You won't be able to post in the PotW board.)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Sun 21 Aug 2005 19:36 GMT

Dave, I think your crop works very well. Wish I 'd done it myself. :)
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Previous

Return to Photographers and Artists