It is currently Sun 29 Mar 2020 16:24 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Photographers and Artists

British War Memorial Project

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

British War Memorial Project

Postby BWMP Ops Manager » Wed 13 Jul 2005 22:29 GMT

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so i hope that i'm posting this in the right section. My name is Mike Symmonds and i hope that some of you will be able to help a worthwhile Project. Its called the British War Memorial Project and i have posted the details below.

[Edited by Site Admin. Please read our posting guidelines. We don't accept adverts on this forum no matter what they're for. Even a good cause such as yours. You're welcome to have an article on the website but not to use our forum for a free advert. :) ]
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
BWMP Ops Manager
Free member

Postby Kay » Wed 13 Jul 2005 23:11 GMT

Hi Mike

Welcome to our community. I've no doubt that your cause is something that many of our members would be interested in. However, we don't accept advertising on this forum - no matter what it's for. We'd be over-run with postings to promote other websites if we allowed it.

Please send me an article about your British War Memorial Project and I'll be happy to publish it on our website.

Please read our posting guidelines - we don't have advertising on this forum whatever it's for.

Kind regards

Kay
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby BWMP Ops Manager » Thu 14 Jul 2005 00:23 GMT

I'm very sorry Kay. I didn't realise that i was advertising. I was just trying to get some volunteers for this worthy cause and remember the men and women that have allowed us the freedom to enjoy the internet and the freedom which we all now have.
I will email you the article for the website. I did email the company that runs the forum about posting but have not had a reply.
Many thanks for any help you can give me with the project and the support you have shown me so far
Best wishes
Mike
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
BWMP Ops Manager
Free member

Postby BWMP Ops Manager » Thu 14 Jul 2005 00:30 GMT

Sorry Kay i can't seem to find your email address. Could you email me at [email address removed - reason below.] and i'll send you the article

Thankyou

Mike
Posted by:
BWMP Ops Manager
Free member

Postby Kay » Wed 20 Jul 2005 23:37 GMT

Hi Mike

I've emailed you. I'm sure there will be loads of interest in your article once we've published it.

My email address isn't on the website - there's a "Contact Us" form instead. (If you put your email address in a public place it tends to attract the "harvesters" and result in spam. For that reason I'm removing yours from your posting on the assumption that you don't want the spammers to pick it up.)

Why not have a look around the rest of what we have on offer here at BE? Our members tend to be more interested in others who have some interest in what we're doing too.

Cheers

Kay
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby BWMP Ops Manager » Thu 21 Jul 2005 00:00 GMT

Thankyou Kay. I will check around the site and see what else your members are up to. From what i have seen so far its the best ex-pats site i have been to.

Thankyou for your help and i have emailed the article to you.

Best wishes

Mike
Posted by:
BWMP Ops Manager
Free member

Postby Kay » Thu 21 Jul 2005 00:18 GMT

Thanks, Mike

Yes, this is definitely something we're interested in. We'll publish your article soon on the website, and I'll post about it on this board in the hope of encouraging people to take part in this worthwhile project.

I know it seems like a palavar that we don't accept such postings from others - it's just that without these strict rules we get overwhelmed with people promoting their own thing. And it's very rare to have something, such as your project, which we do want to be involved with. Mostly it's just people trying to promote their business or new website or similar.

Thanks for your understanding. We'll see what we can do for you.

Kay
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby BWMP Ops Manager » Thu 21 Jul 2005 16:06 GMT

Hi Kay,

Thankyou for your support and i really appreciate all the help that we can get with this Project. Nearly every country in the world has a British War casuality and some graves are being lost forever such as the ones in Iraq where the local people took away the headstones to use as shelters. Even here in the U/K we lose private memorials nearly every week where the inscriptions are no longer readable, and the churchyards and cemeteries are closed because they are no longer safe.
Again thankyou for you help and support with this.

Regards and best wishes to you and to all your members.

Mike
Posted by:
BWMP Ops Manager
Free member

Return to Photographers and Artists