It is currently Wed 1 Apr 2020 11:34 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Photographers and Artists

British War Memorial Project

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

British War Memorial Project

Postby Kay » Tue 26 Jul 2005 11:59 GMT

We've just uploaded a new article to the website about the BWMP. Please have a look:

http://britishexpat.com/expat-uk/histor ... l-project/

The organisation is looking for volunteers to help create a photo archive of graves and memorials of British servicemen and servicewomen who have fallen in service since the beginning of World War One to the present day.

Is there anyone here who can help this worthwhile cause?
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Wed 27 Jul 2005 01:35 GMT

I've just spent a little bit of time browsing this site. Their work is really impressive. This is definitely something we should support. Has anyone had a look yet?
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Wed 27 Jul 2005 05:02 GMT

Very moving!
I spent a few teary minutes looking up relatives lost in both world wars and many of the "police actions" around the world. I agree that this is a worthwhile cause and worthy of support.
Lest We Forget
:(
Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Thu 28 Jul 2005 19:53 GMT

I must confess that I went to the website prior to the article, as a consequence of a thread eleswhere here.

I have been in touch with Mike Symmonds, and offered my help.

And I would encourage anyone else who can, to do so.

Mike
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Mike
Supporter

Caithness

Postby BWMP Ops Manager » Thu 28 Jul 2005 23:05 GMT

Mike,
If you contact Steve Rogers i think he may have some cemeteries near to you. If you don't have Steve's email address you'll find it on the site under contact us.

Kay,
Many thanks for the support you have given the Project. Except for Mike i have not yet had anyone contact me about the Project but i live in hope and i am sure that it won't be long before we do have some willing volunteers. Thankyou very much.

Please feel free to contact me for further information on how you can help this worthwhile project. We are having our first annual meeting in November so this is a milestone for the Project.

Thankyou to all and may god bless you

Mike
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
BWMP Ops Manager
Free member

Postby Kay » Fri 29 Jul 2005 00:53 GMT

Mike (as in BWMP Mike - we have a lot of Mikes here)

Could you please give us a list of countries where we could help?

Dave and I are often in Thailand but could probably also do Malaysia... If you let us know what you need, maybe we can help.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby BWMP Ops Manager » Fri 29 Jul 2005 10:38 GMT

Hi Kay,

If you email me i can let you know what is left to do in those countries. You can email me on michael@wargraves.org.uk . Don't worry about this address getting hit by spammers, it is already and i just delete them all anyway. If anybody else wants to know about other countries please do not hesitate to email me for the information.
Again my heart felt thankyou.
Regards to all
Mike
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
BWMP Ops Manager
Free member

Postby Kay » Wed 16 Nov 2005 04:19 GMT

Bump

Don't forget about this excellent project.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Wed 16 Nov 2005 04:43 GMT

Good idea to bump it, I had forgotten. I had been going to donate then the Pakistani earthquake came along and I sent there instead. I'll get to it shortly though now I'm reminded.
:)
Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Wed 16 Nov 2005 06:44 GMT

We're planning a trip to the River Kwai, and hope it might be of some use to them. It should be an interesting trip.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Photographers and Artists