It is currently Fri 3 Apr 2020 11:48 GMT
Change font size

Photographers and Artists

Scaredy Cat

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

Scaredy Cat

Postby Savannah_Alan » Sun 11 Sep 2005 23:56 GMT

This is our cat. I can't make out whether she was going for ferocious, or was scared herself. Actually, it was nothing so energetic. I just caught her mid-yawn.

(Click image for larger view)

Alan.
Don't forget, there's much going on at the main site: http://www.britishexpat.com
The Safe Scooter Riding blog. www.ScootSafely.com
Posted by:
Savannah_Alan
Supporter

Location: Dahlonega, Georgia, USA - Originally from Southend-On-Sea, Essex.

Postby Kay » Mon 12 Sep 2005 00:19 GMT

Great photo, Alan.

She doesn't look like the usual cuddly pussycat. Is this the one who enjoys winding you up and making your life hell?
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby SSue » Mon 12 Sep 2005 00:47 GMT

A great shot Alan.

She definitely looks like a smaller version of one of the larger cat varieties. Beautiful markings too.

SSue 8)
Sydney Sue - Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Read all about it! http://www.britishexpat.com/563.0.html
Posted by:
SSue
Supporter

Location: From Grimsby, Lincolnshire, to Sydney, then Port Macquarie NSW Australia

Postby Savannah_Alan » Mon 12 Sep 2005 05:21 GMT

Kay wrote:Great photo, Alan.

She doesn't look like the usual cuddly pussycat. Is this the one who enjoys winding you up and making your life hell?

Yes, she's the one, although we get on much better now. You guys are going to hate me, but Robin went away for a week recently and I took the opportunity to deal with the problem:

I really hated to do it, but it was that or adoption. We all get along much better now (at least the cat and I do anyway :wink: :? ). I still have to re-carpet the entire house and repair the doors, but at least that's the end of it.

Just so you know she isn't all bad, here's a picture of her "normal" face:

Alan
Don't forget, there's much going on at the main site: http://www.britishexpat.com
Posted by:
Savannah_Alan
Supporter

Postby Kay » Mon 12 Sep 2005 05:43 GMT

:lol:

I still have to re-carpet the entire house and repair the doors,

Sounds like the damage our tenant did. Did the cat also destroy the mattress with pee stains, steal the dimmer switch off the wall, remove every handle from doors and cupboards, take every lightbulb in the house, destroy every tree and plant in the garden, and generally destroy (or steal) everything it touched? If so, perhaps they are related. Miaaooow!

The cat looks like an old man with all these ear-hairs. Are those real or PhotoShopped?
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Savannah_Alan » Mon 12 Sep 2005 05:48 GMT

Kay wrote:Did the cat also destroy the mattress with pee stains, steal the dimmer switch off the wall, remove every handle from doors and cupboards, take every lightbulb in the house, destroy every tree and plant in the garden, and generally destroy (or steal) everything it touched?

Oh dear. No she didn't - only the last bit. Maybe your tenants need to be de-clawed.

Kay wrote:The cat looks like an old man with all these ear-hairs. Are those real or PhotoShopped?

:lol: no, that is her natural state.

Alan.
Posted by:
Savannah_Alan
Supporter

President George

Postby Victor » Mon 19 Sep 2005 22:27 GMT

I solemnly swear to uphold the constitution.....

Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Victor
Free member

Postby Savannah_Alan » Mon 19 Sep 2005 23:39 GMT

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great catch.

Alan.
Posted by:
Savannah_Alan
Supporter

Postby Mojan » Mon 19 Sep 2005 23:51 GMT

What a gorgeous photo Victor - But my, what big paws for such a little puddy cat! :lol:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Mojan
Free member

Postby Victor » Tue 20 Sep 2005 06:59 GMT

Mojan wrote:What a gorgeous photo Victor - But my, what big paws for such a little puddy cat! :lol:

Its Georgie, our Cretan cat. Long story, but we got him as a circa 12week old kitten. He was about hand size at the time this was taken on the boat back to Italy. Now he is over a foot long. Still a little bu**er at times!
Posted by:
Victor
Free member

Return to Photographers and Artists