It is currently Thu 2 Apr 2020 19:49 GMT
Change font size

Photographers and Artists

Fox on a cold tin roof

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

Fox on a cold tin roof

Postby Kay » Wed 26 Oct 2005 12:58 GMT

Dave spotted a fox on our neighbour's shed roof just now, so I ran and got the camera and took a few snaps. It was too far away to get a good quality photo (I haven't got a long lens for this camera). Anyway, I thought it was worth sharing:

Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Wed 26 Oct 2005 18:00 GMT

Lovely. (sub)urban foxes are getting very bold these days. Time was when you needed to hang around all night with infrared kit to photograph them.

An English neighbour in this rural part of France saw a vixen the other day, warily eyeing their three peacocks who were glaring at her through the gate.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby Kay » Wed 26 Oct 2005 18:08 GMT

Thanks, Ruggie.

We do occasionally see foxes around here - once every few years or so. So I was very surprised when Dave said there was a fox next door. I took the photo from our "office" window. It was disappointing that the bush was in the way, but it couldn't be helped. I wouldn't have had time to go downstairs and outside. I just did the best I could under the circumstances.

Due to only seeing its forequarters I don't know whether it was a fox or a vixen. Don't mean to sound stupid, but is there any way to tell by the shape of its head or anything? (Like you can with several other animals.)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Photographers and Artists