It is currently Sun 29 Mar 2020 16:14 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Photographers and Artists

First Signs of Spring

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

First Signs of Spring

Postby Savannah_Alan » Tue 21 Mar 2006 18:13 GMT

Sue recently posted about the first sings of Autumn showing in Australia.
In this hemisphere, we're getting the first signs of Spring.

As usual, I was out with the camera last weekend and really got a sense that this area (I've just moved here) is going to be a wonderfully colourful place when nature "kicks in" for the year.

(Click on the image for a larger version)
(Nikon D70s - 18mm - F8 - 1/124 sec)

Ooh, my camera better be ready for a heavy year!

Alan.
Don't forget, there's much going on at the main site: http://www.britishexpat.com
The Safe Scooter Riding blog. www.ScootSafely.com
Posted by:
Savannah_Alan
Supporter

Location: Dahlonega, Georgia, USA - Originally from Southend-On-Sea, Essex.

Postby Kay » Tue 21 Mar 2006 18:35 GMT

Wow! The colours are amazing, Alan. Good news for Pic of the Week too - we've been filling the slot with some of my older photos recently: Khyber Pass and buzkashi. They're not great photos but we thought the subjects were interesting.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby SSue » Wed 22 Mar 2006 00:03 GMT

Well done Alan......very picturesque! :D
Sydney Sue - Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Read all about it! http://www.britishexpat.com/563.0.html
Posted by:
SSue
Supporter

Location: From Grimsby, Lincolnshire, to Sydney, then Port Macquarie NSW Australia

Postby ruggie » Wed 22 Mar 2006 11:15 GMT

Aren't you glad you've gone digital! Save you a fortune in surroundings like that. Are those trees aspens?
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby Savannah_Alan » Wed 22 Mar 2006 17:52 GMT

Yes, I'm so glad I've gone digital. I'm pretty fussy and most often have a less than 1% "keep rate" on my photos. That was always pretty expensive with film :shock: .

I also think that the immediate feedback available with digital can only help to make one a better photographer. It's wonderful. My ex-wife bought me this camera and I've still not stopped thanking her for it! I just seem to get keener and keener every time I use it!

God bless digital, I say. Of course, now the inevitable has happened and I have dust on my sensor which shows itself as out of focus "splotches" on my photos. I've got a special blower and cleaning kit on the way. Meantime, the rubber stamp, or clone tool saves the day!

Alan.

P.S. I have no idea what those trees are, but they're purdy...
Don't forget, there's much going on at the main site: http://www.britishexpat.com
Posted by:
Savannah_Alan
Supporter

Postby CustomStrat » Sat 1 Apr 2006 17:02 GMT

Another amazing moment from Alan's eye. The flow of the composition, the balance and saturation of colours are amazing.

You keep up like this, man, and you'll become a Spielberg and we'll come to expect you to outdo yourself everytime... :wink:
I'm not afraid to die; I just don't want to be there when it happens - Woody Allen
Posted by:
CustomStrat
Supporter

Postby Savannah_Alan » Sun 2 Apr 2006 00:45 GMT

Why thank you Mike. :oops:
I went out last weekend to find this spot again and couldn't. Oh well. I guess I'll come across it some day again. It wasn't even that far from home, but I'm buggered if I can remember where it was :roll: .

Alan.
Posted by:
Savannah_Alan
Supporter

Postby Victor » Wed 5 Apr 2006 00:47 GMT

Yes a very nice picture. We are expecting snow again tomorrow here in Munich. But we do have signs of spring at last.

Photo: Life And Death (500x333)

[Photo changed to link by Site Admin: makes the page spill over to the right on some screens. - Dave]
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Victor
Free member

Return to Photographers and Artists