It is currently Mon 6 Apr 2020 05:56 GMT
Change font size

Photographers and Artists

Photobox

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

Photobox

Postby Mike » Thu 15 Jun 2006 19:43 GMT

I don't think I really have to say this, but I will support you guys in anything you do. So I have signed up for Photobox.

It's not a patch on Photobucket. It is far more an in your face selling site. The uploading, online image thing is hard to find through the morass of selling. When you find it, it works okay. But it really was hard work to fight through the click on this and click on that pay stuff.

I will persevere, for you. And I know you need affiliates and income.

But let's just be honest, on this website which is probably the most honest on the internet. The only reason you support Photobox is for the return. Photobucket is far more user friendly, and far less "selling-in-your-face".

That's my honest view.

Mike
Glaikit. Bit nae sae glaikit as a gollach wi a blin ee.
Posted by:
Mike
Supporter

Postby Kay » Thu 15 Jun 2006 19:55 GMT

It's a fair cop, Mike. But when most people want everything for nothing and never think to give us anything back for our time, we have to make the money where we can. We have bills to pay too. And we need to earn a crust (and a few beers) just like everyone else. Photobox gives us 60p for every sign-up, whether or not that new "customer" subsequently buys anything or not. Given our lack of income, we would be foolish not to promote such things.

Of course, if people who benefit from here would just put their hands in their pockets and make a £5 or £10 donation for all the hours we spend on making this a good place to be, we could just ditch the stuff that people don't want. Meanwhile, should we starve, beg, or earn advertising revenue?

BTW, thanks for signing up to PhotoBox, I'll go over there and see if you've just bought me a beer. If so, CHEERS! :twisted:
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Thu 15 Jun 2006 20:09 GMT

Ye ken me, Kay. I'll say what I think. I've signed up, and I'll persevere for a while. First visit came back with the words "pay", and "cr*p" ringing in my ears. But I will persevere. If it doesn't cost me anything, I will use it instead of PB, because it makes you a few bob.

But it won't be tonight, or tomorrow. Because first impression was bad. Homepage is all pay, pay, pay. Maybe they need a marketing guru? Got a spare moment to sell?

Mike
Posted by:
Mike
Supporter

Postby Kay » Thu 15 Jun 2006 20:18 GMT

No need to persevere, Mike. You signed up. Makes no difference to us whether or not you continue to use it. :twisted: It's the sign-up we get paid for (if we do - you can never be sure with some of these things).

Thanks, but if it's not for you then go back to what you're comfortable with. :D
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Thu 15 Jun 2006 20:34 GMT

Is it that simple? Just a sign-up? A while back Dave was almost banning PB . . .

I'm quite confident at the moment with my spam filter and other blocking software - the BE Newstetter only gets through on my say-so - so if there's anything you'd like me to sign up for, just let me know.

And perhaps this thread should be moved elsewhere.

Mike
Posted by:
Mike
Supporter

Postby Kay » Thu 15 Jun 2006 20:55 GMT

No need to move the thread, I think. There's no harm in people being aware of how things work on the Internet.

As for signing up for things or any other supportive activities, as always, we only ask that if people are going to buy online they consider doing so using our links. If we don't have it, they can always ask and we'll see if we can get it.

But we've gone off-topic, so to get back on - we promote PhotoBox but some prefer PhotoBucket, anyone else care to comment?
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Photographers and Artists