It is currently Mon 6 Apr 2020 05:38 GMT
Change font size

Photographers and Artists

Interior Photos?

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

Interior Photos?

Postby Kay » Thu 24 Aug 2006 18:11 GMT

Now the builders have started work on our "new" house I decided to take some "before", "during" and (we hope!) "after" shots just for fun/keeping a record.

The trouble is I only have one lens for this camera - a 28 to 90 mm (and it's a film camera lens not a digi, as that's what we could get at the time - living in Delhi).

The inside of the rooms look awful now but even if they looked nice it would be hard to get good photos. I don't think we want to invest in a wide angle lens right now.

Are there any other options that I might be missing? Or we might be better to use the compact digi. Any ideas?
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Savannah_Alan » Thu 24 Aug 2006 19:50 GMT

Hi Kay,
Do you have a tripod and a scanner? If so, you could simply do a panorama of the interior shots. Set the camera on a tripod and just turn it horizontally making sure to overlap the shots by about a third. You can then scan them and either stitch them together manually in your graphics software, or there are some software packages available that will automatically stitch them for you.

You can even do this with photos stacked both vertically and horizontally, but that would probably be much easier to do with the automatic software.

Alan.
Don't forget, there's much going on at the main site: http://www.britishexpat.com
The Safe Scooter Riding blog. www.ScootSafely.com
Posted by:
Savannah_Alan
Supporter

Location: Dahlonega, Georgia, USA - Originally from Southend-On-Sea, Essex.

Postby Kay » Thu 24 Aug 2006 19:59 GMT

Oh, never thought of that! D'oh!

Good idea, thanks. Yes, we have the necessary. It sounds like a bit of work, though, for something that's supposed to be for fun. Maybe I'll leave the "before" photos looking awful and tart up the "after" ones to impress you all! :twisted:
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Photographers and Artists