It is currently Sun 29 Mar 2020 16:25 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Photographers and Artists

Ya Ba Speed Demons

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

Ya Ba Speed Demons

Postby Kay » Sat 1 Sep 2007 08:58 GMT

Did you see this week's POTW?

http://britishexpat.com/pic-of-the-week ... ed-demons/

I don't think I'd have taken that picture. I'd probably have scuttled away in case they turned their wrath on me.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Sat 1 Sep 2007 14:23 GMT

Nice picture like the black and white effect.
I was looking at the other pics of the week and thought I should point out that the June 11th one of the two gay 'mounties' isn't of actual mounties but two fellows in a fancy dress that looks very similar but actually isn't mountie uniform (red serge). If it had been real they'd have been fired for taking part and bringing the uniform into disrepute.
Just my two cents worth.
:)
Graeme
(a straight part time mountie) 8)
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Sat 1 Sep 2007 16:25 GMT

If it had been real they'd have been fired for taking part and bringing the uniform into disrepute.

:shock:

Would they really? Even the British Army, Civil Service, etc, have laws against such discrimination these days. Is homophobia still legal in Canada? I'm kinda gob-smacked and not sure if you're just kidding me.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sat 1 Sep 2007 16:28 GMT

I can see why this would be problematic. What people in a uniformed service choose to get up to in their private lives may be up to them. What they do in uniform reflects on their service, particularly if they're taking a stance on a politically or socially sensitive issue.

Think about it this way. If they'd been British police taking part in an anti-immigration rally or an anti-poll tax rally, what would the reaction have been?
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Sat 1 Sep 2007 16:35 GMT

I stand corrected. :oops:

Still, we've got lots of good photos, though, so thanks for looking at them.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Sat 1 Sep 2007 23:21 GMT

Really, they are an excellent collection of pics, I wish I had the knack to take shots like that.
:)

Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Return to Photographers and Artists