It is currently Wed 8 Apr 2020 02:48 GMT
Change font size

Photographers and Artists

Polepics

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

Polepics

Postby carolinedraper » Sat 6 Jun 2009 01:01 GMT

As per Kay's request a bit about Steven's camera mast system. I was unsure whether to post this here or the camera section so feel free to move it.

First its kinda hard to describe what he does without giving his web site as some people find the idea to hard to imagine, but that is advertising so just bare with me.

Basically he has a telescopic mast that can go up 70ft via a winch system. On it he has his camera (D700) which is on a tilt head. It has a USB on it to allow live view, zoom, pan 360 etc etc. It is mounted onto the back of our truck. He takes pics for estate agents, construction, commercial clients - garden centres etc for their web site, CFB Trenton etc. He called the company Polepics.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
carolinedraper
Supporter

Postby Kay » Sat 6 Jun 2009 13:57 GMT

Hi Caroline, nice to see you on the main forum. Thanks for being considerate about posting links but since I asked you a specific question about Steven's mast system - and I'm sure many other people would be interested to read about it - it would be a shame not to give a link. So here it is:

http://polepics.com/

PS, I think this probably would be better on the Photo/Artists board, so I'll move it there now. 8)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue 9 Jun 2009 04:54 GMT

What a great idea - some nice pics, too! :D
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Wed 1 Jul 2009 12:24 GMT

Nice little business idea. Hope it prospers as it deserves to.

... must be more fun that the eternal round of weddings, etc.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Photographers and Artists