It is currently Mon 25 May 2020 20:23 GMT
Change font size

Photographers and Artists

How much is this lot worth?

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

How much is this lot worth?

Postby Kay » Sun 7 Sep 2003 10:15 GMT

I'm planning to sell all my darkroom equipment and was wondering how much to ask for it. I've had a look on e-bay (not much help) and on various suppliers' sites such as Jessops. I haven't really got a feel for the market, so I wondered if anyone here might have a better idea.

Here's what's for sale:

Durst M370 color, plus transformer, lens etc.

Durst 243 masking frame 24 x 30 cm

Photax darkroom safelight.

Viponel timer

agitator

bulk film loader

black-out sheet

trays, bottles, tongs, measuring jugs, and various other bits and bobs

Everything but the sink! (and chemicals).

Can anyone please suggest what price I might put on my advert?

TIA

Kay
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby días-idílicos » Sun 7 Sep 2003 10:57 GMT

I got rid of a very simular set-up about six years ago, all in good nick, and it was a case of practically giving it away :cry: due to lack of interest.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
días-idílicos
Free member

Postby Kay » Sun 7 Sep 2003 11:27 GMT

Thanks, H-D

That doesn't surprise me too much. I expect even those with film cameras will be more into digital processing these days. However, there's a big market for second hand consumer goods here so I might have more luck selling to a local rather than an expat.

I'll give it a shot anyway.

Kay
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby días-idílicos » Sun 7 Sep 2003 12:18 GMT

I'm not being funny here, but I can see the old equipment and 'techniques' becoming more popular and desirable in the future. I'm not thinking too much long term nor solely for antique <nothing intended here :lol: > value. I can just see a reassurgance<sp> in film stock equipment when people have tried the digi scene. Just MHO which is bound to be wrong :?

Who's H-D??? :shock:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
días-idílicos
Free member

Postby chabrenas » Sun 7 Sep 2003 18:26 GMT

I think Jessops will give you a quote - so will KEH Camera (www.keh.com) in the US. Much betteer than guesses based on e-bay, I'd say. You could use that as a baseline. (Obviously, you should do better locally than paying the cost of shipping that lot to UK or US!).
Posted by:
chabrenas
Free member

Return to Photographers and Artists