It is currently Thu 2 Apr 2020 10:43 GMT
Change font size

Photographers and Artists

Digital photography's come a long way!

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

Digital photography's come a long way!

Postby Dave » Tue 6 Dec 2011 11:28 GMT

Kay and I were having a bit of a tidy-out this afternoon.

I was digging through the pockets of an old briefcase-sized thing when I came across this:

It's the CompactFlash card that originally came with the Kodak DC3400 digital camera that Kay bought back in August 2001.

8 megabytes wasn't really up to much even then, and virtually the first thing we did was buy a much bigger CF card. I'm not sure the one above has even been taken out of its little ziplock bag yet. But it wouldn't be enough for even one image on Kay's current camera (Canon 60D) taking RAW photos - they use over 20MB a time!
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Thu 8 Dec 2011 09:18 GMT

A few months ago, I exchanged fidelity points from my local supermarket for a 12Mpixel compact that also takes HD video clips. While on holiday a couple of weeks ago, I decided to get a second SD card, next size up from my current one, but not the largest - it holds 16Gbytes. The only difference betweem this camera and my real video camera (now 4 years old) is its ability to function in low light levels, and the maximum zoom level.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Photographers and Artists