It is currently Wed 19 Feb 2020 03:31 GMT
Change font size

Photographers and Artists

When did you last buy film?

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

When did you last buy film?

Postby Kay » Thu 19 Jan 2012 19:16 GMT

It looks as though Eastman Kodak may go out of business unless they do something drastic to move with the time. I can't say I'm surprised. It must be about 10 years (or more?) since I last bought any film.

See the BBC story about how they saw it coming but didn't act upon the industry changes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16625725
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri 20 Jan 2012 03:06 GMT

10 years sounds about right - you bought a compact digital camera in August 2001. It's conceivable we may have bought a roll after getting your AE-1 serviced in Delhi, but I don't think so.

As it happens, the camera you bought was a Kodak - a DC3400. Strange to think that at that time Kodak were actually quite prominent in the digital field. It makes it look as if they lacked the courage of their convictions.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Thu 26 Jan 2012 21:06 GMT

I've still got cassettes of Fuji Velvia that I loaded from bulk film in the fridge - now I can't even get it processed without a lot of hassle. Dunno what I'll do with my Nikon F65, either...
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Photographers and Artists