It is currently Fri 19 Oct 2018 12:50 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Ghana – Quick Quiz
    The cradle of the Ashanti Empire and known to mediaeval European explorers as the Gold Coast, Ghana was the first country in Western Africa to achieve independence. But how much do you know about it?

Sci Fi

Is Voyager the very last Star Trek series

By popular request - here's a place to discuss your favourite Sci Fi stuff. (Can anyone think of a better word than "stuff"?)

Is Voyager the very last Star Trek series

Postby Lightfoot » Sat 3 Jan 2015 09:10 GMT

Will there ever be any more Star Treks? Maybe there already have been and I missed them. Anyone know?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Lightfoot
Free member

Re: Is Voyager the very last Star Trek series

Postby stroppy knickers » Mon 5 Jan 2015 10:40 GMT

According to wiki (I love wiki) there is one called "Enterprise" which although newer than Voyager is set in the days before Capn Kirk and Spock :) It ran until 2005 and then was cancelled for some reason, and as of now there are no plans (but many calls) for a new series.
thunder thighs and bingo wings are todays speciality - get yours now! call 0800make-mine-a-large-one.
Posted by:
stroppy knickers
Supporter

Postby Kay » Mon 5 Jan 2015 11:22 GMT

Thanks, it doesn't sound too promising. I'm always a bit sceptical about prequels. I can't think of any that were much good. Can you? "The Hobbit" isn't too bad, I suppose. I mean, it's good but what could possibly live up to the magnificence of Peter Jackson's LOTR?
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Deith » Mon 5 Jan 2015 17:13 GMT

You guys are delusional!
There was only one Star Trek The Next Generation and nothing before or after!
:hide:
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Deith
Premium Member

Postby Kay » Mon 5 Jan 2015 17:26 GMT

So which Star Trek do you like best, Deith? :twisted:

I liked The Next Generation too, but I'd have to say that Voyager was my favourite. Capn Janeway - what a role model!

Believe it or not, I was going to go to a fancy dress party as Janeway and miraculously even managed to find a jumper that looked a bit like the uniform in a market in Delhi. Sadly the party was cancelled - but I still have the jumper! I even took it in my suitcase when we moved to London, just in case I ever get a chance to wear it.

It might be quite fun to wear it sometime anyway and if anyone says anything about Star Trek I could look completely mystified. :twisted:
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Deith » Mon 5 Jan 2015 18:54 GMT

What's this Voyager you speak of and that Captain Janeway?
There is only one captain... :D

Do you have a pic of the suit?
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Deith
Premium Member

Postby Kay » Mon 5 Jan 2015 19:15 GMT

It's not a suit. As I said, it's a jumper. Crikey, if you don't know the difference between a suit and a jumper I wouldn't like to interview you for a job. I can imagine all the other candidates presenting themselves smartly in a business suits and then you come in wearing nothing but a jumper. Ooh! Donald, where's yer troosers?
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Deith » Mon 5 Jan 2015 19:59 GMT

And you will delete your message and apologize for:
go!
Posted by:
Deith
Premium Member

Return to Sci Fi