It is currently Sun 29 Nov 2020 23:01 GMT
Change font size

Austria

Baden, Austria

Baden, Austria

Postby Lana » Fri 6 Jan 2006 10:16 GMT

Hi there, I recently saw a message in a different part of the forum from a family who were due to move to Baden, Austria about now. I would like to get in touch with them as I myself am married to an Austrian from Baden. We are currently living in the UK with our two sons, but may return one day.
Posted by:
Lana

Postby WKD » Wed 18 Jan 2006 13:13 GMT

Hi Lana

Im wkd and my family and I moved to Baden about 3 weeks ago. We love the area but at the moment life seems a bit complicated as we dont yet speak german. Any advice you can give me on practicallities like where to find big supermarkets,(I miss tesco), or anything else you think might help would be great. Am just about to buy a car and the car insurance system has me baffled. Other than that its great to hear from someone I can speak to who knows Baden.
Posted by:
WKD

Hi again

Postby Lana » Mon 23 Jan 2006 10:37 GMT

Hi there, glad you managed to find my message. It would be great if I could write to you privately but it won't let me just yet. I can imagine that without German you will find things a bit of a struggle sometimes but don't despair I know some lovely English ladies in Baden who have lived there for 20+ years who will have plenty of advice for you. I'm afraid the Austrian Supermarkets aren't quite on a par with Tesco etc but the best one in Baden is "Merkur", located on the main road behind the train station. Other than that one, there is Billa or Spar. The best place to go for toiletries etc is Bipa or DM. The best place to go for clothes is really the Shopping City Süd (Badener Bahn) goes there directly from Baden "Hauptplatz". It will be very cold there right now but you'll have a lovely summer to look forward to. We are actually in Baden mid Feb and it would be great if we could meet up for a coffee, if we could somehow exchange phone nos. or e-mail addresses. :)
Posted by:
Lana

Hello from Vienna

Postby LesPopham » Wed 8 Feb 2006 12:20 GMT

Hi, people

I joined the BE online community recently and was somewhat disappointed that the Austria In-Country forum has so few members. I do know of two other internet expat groups in Vienna, however.

My name is Leslie (usually shortened to Les) and I've been working in Vienna since June last year. My family lives in North Norfolk and I commute as often as I can. While here, I live in Rodaun, which is right in the SW tip of the Vienna city limits, and therefore not far from Baden. Also only a short drive to Shopping City Süd!

If I can help with any information I would be happy to do so. Perhaps we could even meet up sometime?

Best regards

Les Popham
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
LesPopham
Free member

Return to Austria