It is currently Sun 29 Nov 2020 23:46 GMT
Change font size

Austria

Vorarlberg-Any Brits out there?

Vorarlberg-Any Brits out there?

Postby wendy2 » Thu 21 May 2009 18:23 GMT

Hello. I've been living here now for 10 years and am amazed at the total lack of expat activity! I have recently had my first major bout of homesickness and with 2 children and a husband who are well at home here, finding it difficult to know where I belong! Anyone suffered a similar experience?
Posted by:
wendy2

Vorarlberg - a few Brits out there

Postby Marzi » Thu 30 Jul 2009 12:48 GMT

Hello,
I have been living in Vorarlberg for almost 3 years now with my Austrian husband. I too have noticed a big lack of expat activity and I am keen to meet some more Brits. Homesickness seems to be a bit better now but still miss the UK, tea bags, marmite, Eastenders!!
Posted by:
Marzi

vorarlberg brits

Postby wendy2 » Thu 13 Aug 2009 19:27 GMT

Dear Marzi,
thanks for your reply. I have actually found quite a nice ex-pat group which meets in Lindau on the last friday of every month (check out the Germany ex-pat forum for details). They meet in different locations every month, it's just like going down the pub with a few friends. Hope to see you there.
Posted by:
wendy2

meet at the pub

Postby Marzi » Wed 26 Aug 2009 15:08 GMT

Hi Wendy,
Many thanks for the info. I found some the forum and have emailed a lady called Amanda, who I think organises it, for details of the next meet. Hopefully see you there next time.
Marzi
Posted by:
Marzi

Return to Austria