Transfer Health and medical details within France?

Try here for advice on health and medical issues.

Transfer Health and medical details within France?

Postby YvonneP » Thu 13 Sep 2007 09:57

Hi
I recently moved from Aude to Marseille. Before i moved i had the green SANTE card and was happilly producing that on many occasions thinking that it was saving me some money.

However, now that i have moved the green card is obsolete as they are adamant here in Marseille that its not transferrable.

Is there any way of avoiding having to apply again from scratch - as it took me ages and ages to get it all sorted in the first place and feel somewhat put out that we are all in Europe yet here i am paying an arm and a leg for all our healthcare.

All help and any explanation of how the system should work would be greatly appreciated
Yvonne :D
YvonneP

Postby ruggie » Thu 13 Sep 2007 11:51

Are you talking about the 'Carte Vitale' - the green plastic card? I don't have any experience of changing residence with France, but it probably is necessary to have the address details cahnged, so that corespondence is sent to the right place (and the right bank & branch, which you have presumably changed as well). Now that you are in the system, you shouldn't have to start from scratch - pay a visit to your nearest CPAM and they should be able to sort it out for you.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Health and Medical