It is currently Wed 17 Oct 2018 22:07 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Ghana – Quick Quiz
    The cradle of the Ashanti Empire and known to mediaeval European explorers as the Gold Coast, Ghana was the first country in Western Africa to achieve independence. But how much do you know about it?

Fault reports

Scheduled server downtime: 3 October 2012

This is a forum where Site Admins can post to keep you informed about known faults and their status.

Scheduled server downtime: 3 October 2012

Postby Dave » Mon 1 Oct 2012 15:35 GMT

Our hosting providers have told us that they'll be taking our server offline for maintenance on Wednesday 3 October 2012, at some time between 1001 GMT and 1100 GMT.

They don't expect the downtime to be longer than 15 minutes (although they don't explicitly rule out the possibility that it might be - on past form, it's usually been down for anywhere between half-an-hour and two hours).

So if you visit the site during that time and find it's not available, please try again a little while later - it should be up and running again before too long.

Thanks for your patience.
Last edited by Dave on Sat 8 Dec 2012 06:34 GMT, edited 1 time in total.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Wed 3 Oct 2012 19:05 GMT

As it turned out we were down for longer than expected. But we're back now. I don't yet know what, if anything, might have been lost. If anything has been lost, I'm not sure if we can restore it. (I expect we're talking in terms of hours lost, not days of postings.)

This was a very unusual situation. Usually we just shut down for an hour or so for routine maintenance but there seemed to be a big problem with the server and they've had to restore from backups and shift us to a new server.

Sorry for any inconvenience. We're still trying to ascertain the extent of what's happened.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Fault reports