It is currently Wed 17 Oct 2018 22:45 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Ghana – Quick Quiz
    The cradle of the Ashanti Empire and known to mediaeval European explorers as the Gold Coast, Ghana was the first country in Western Africa to achieve independence. But how much do you know about it?

Fault reports

Scheduled server downtime: 26 March 2009

This is a forum where Site Admins can post to keep you informed about known faults and their status.

Scheduled server downtime: 26 March 2009

Postby Dave » Wed 25 Mar 2009 03:07 GMT

Our hosting providers have told us that they'll be taking our server offline for routine maintenance on Thursday 26 March 2009, at some time between 0400 GMT and 1000 GMT.

They don't expect the downtime to be longer than 20 minutes (although they don't explicitly rule out the possibility that it might be).

So if you visit the site during that time and find it's not available, please try again a few minutes later - it should be up and running again before too long.

Thanks for your patience. :)
Last edited by Dave on Thu 29 Oct 2009 08:09 GMT, edited 1 time in total.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Thu 26 Mar 2009 09:47 GMT

It actually turned out to be just over an hour rather than 20 minutes. Sorry about that - circumstances beyond our control, as it was the hosting company performing the maintenance, rather than us.

(Probably a good thing; left to me, it might have taken all day, even if I knew what it was they were doing, which I don't. :oops: )

Anyway, it all seems to be up and running now, touch wood. :)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Fault reports