It is currently Mon 1 Jun 2020 03:21 GMT
Change font size

Residency status and immigration issues

new procedures for eResidence document application

Permanent Residency, Ordinary Residency or Temporary Residency? It depends on your financial circumstances, not on how much time you will spend in Malta. Getting it wrong could cost you dearly!

Postby Terrakka » Thu 10 Oct 2013 09:49 GMT

I posted my application at the end of July and two days ago I got a letter saying my "residence permit card / document" is ready for collection. I went there this morning and was asked for my blue letter. I said I have no idea what the blue letter was and was directed to a room in order to obtain one. The room had about 50 people in it.
What is the point in be allowed to apply by post and then have to queue up anyway?

I walked out without the card :-( I will have to day a half day off someday and bring some music in to occupy me for the hours I will be queuing up.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Terrakka
Supporter

Postby gozomark » Thu 10 Oct 2013 09:53 GMT

The blue letter is presumably the receipt of application. Why you would need to queue up to get it, to then immediately exchange for your card seems pointless to me
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby maltascot » Tue 22 Oct 2013 10:28 GMT

Do I have to fill in form ID2 PLUS Photo if I am attending personally.
Posted by:
maltascot

Postby gozomark » Tue 22 Oct 2013 10:35 GMT

Welcome to the forum :-)

No you don't
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby maltascot » Tue 22 Oct 2013 11:23 GMT

Thanks
Posted by:
maltascot

Postby Rachy » Tue 22 Oct 2013 15:50 GMT

We applied in person, and had a letter to say cards were ready. We too had to obtain the blue form, but the queue contained people waiting for the form, and those who had come to apply in person. The lady who deals with non-EU was about to pack up and go, and my husband asked her to print our forms - she did, and we were then just in time to get the cards. I would advise anyone to do the same - if the non-EU is queue is empty get them to print your blue form.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Rachy
Premium Member

Postby maltascot » Fri 1 Nov 2013 13:29 GMT

gozomark wrote:Welcome to the forum :-)

No you don't

Went along the next day and they insisted that I fill out the ID2 form and also provide a passport photo.
I went up merchant street and purchased a passport photo and went back and handed it over.
I am still convinced that it was not required.

IG
Posted by:
maltascot

Postby gozomark » Fri 1 Nov 2013 14:07 GMT

Maybe their photo machine was broken ?
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby maxine » Fri 6 Dec 2013 14:24 GMT

Couple of quick questions as I have just filled in the J forms and plan heading over to Valetta on Monday morning as we need the passports for travel on Thursday - planning for a long wait lol

I am reading above that I don't need photos or any other forms UNLESS their photo machine is broken?

I have the S1 forms from Newcastle - do I need to get a Certificate of Entitlement before we submit the J forms or does the S1 suffice?

It appears that if you are opening a business you have to get the Maltese ID number before you can apply for VAT registration. The Trading Licence you need depends upon the VAT registration so there is a bit of a sequence to get through. Oh and you have to send a cheque for the trading licence and that needs a Tax ID to get a bank account :)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
maxine
Free member

Postby gozomark » Fri 6 Dec 2013 14:27 GMT

take photos with you - the machine is frequently not working

"do I need to get a Certificate of Entitlement before we submit the J forms" - yes, I believe you do
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby maxine » Fri 6 Dec 2013 15:32 GMT

OK, thanks. I had better make sure that I have plenty of euros for MCP as it sounds like it could be a long day LOL
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
maxine
Free member

Re: new procedures for eResidence document application

Postby Bia06 » Fri 1 Jan 2016 17:58 GMT

Hello,

I am new and I am currently starting application for residence (self sufficient, EU citizen).
Do I understand correctly that:
1) I can sen over application via post (no need anymore to submit in person)
2) It is not longer required to produce the Form J and simply the form CEA/21 + health ins+proof of bank funds (regardless from the Country such funds are currently sitting) will do?

Many thanks for a clarification.
Cheers
Bia
Posted by:
Bia06
Free member

Postby gozomark » Fri 1 Jan 2016 18:07 GMT

Hi, and welcome to the forum :-)

1. yes as EU citizen by post
2. this is the latest info
https://identitymalta.com/citizenships-expatriates/

still form J plus ID1A and ID2, then health cover and proof of either income or capital somewhere in the world

CEA/21 is the old form I think, no longer in use
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Bia06 » Fri 1 Jan 2016 18:21 GMT

Many thanks Mark for the link and prompt reply.
Much appreciated.

The link is stating application to be submitted in person but I guess it must be a old part of the site, is it?

Do you know to which address post application must be submitted?

Once more many many thanks.
Bia :)

gozomark wrote:Hi, and welcome to the forum :-)

1. yes as EU citizen by post
2. this is the latest info
https://identitymalta.com/citizenships-expatriates/

still form J plus ID1A and ID2, then health cover and proof of either income or capital somewhere in the world

CEA/21 is the old form I think, no longer in use
Posted by:
Bia06
Free member

Postby gozomark » Fri 1 Jan 2016 18:39 GMT

Bia06 wrote:The link is stating application to be submitted in person but I guess it must be a old part of the site, is it?

mmm... maybe things have changed once more and you do need to apply in person once again
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Residency status and immigration issues