Estate Agents

Can't decide where on the islands to live? Find out more about the best and worst places here!

Estate Agents

Postby JohnnyBravo » Mon 12 Jul 2010 19:21

Hello All,

Thanks to all who offered advice on Schools for our potential move next year. Me and Mrs Bravo have made appointments with four schools during our stay in August.

Now, however, I've been trying to get a feel for the property market. It appears that each time i log onto a Maltese Estate Agents Web Site, it knows that I'm a Johnny Foreigner looking to buy in Malta. The prices in property from agant to agent seem to vary greatly ?

Can anyone give advice on or, who the best Estate Agents are to use ?

If your not happy going public with it, I'd very much appreciate a PM or an E-mail ?

1st and best reply gets a free pint in "The Pub" (Ollies Last Pub).

Cheers folks.
JohnnyBravo
Supporter

Postby gozomark » Mon 12 Jul 2010 20:24

Hi Johnny

There are several estate agents recommended on the "recommended suppliers" forum - this costs £25 to join, with 50% going to help the animals at Gozo SPCA :-)

details of recommended suppliers forum
http://www.britishexpat.com/expatforum/ ... =suppliers
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyBravo » Tue 13 Jul 2010 16:45

Thanks Mark,

I'll zip over there now and try and join.

cheers,

Johnny
JohnnyBravo
Supporter

Postby Kay » Tue 13 Jul 2010 17:32

Hi Johnny, and welcome to the forum. Thanks for becoming a supporter. This gives you access to our three private boards, and we are currently in the process of changing your permission levels.

You should be able to use them in a few minutes. :D
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Kay
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyBravo » Tue 13 Jul 2010 17:52

Thanks Kay,

Mark, please ignore my E-mail.

Thanks Guys.

Johnny.
JohnnyBravo
Supporter

Postby gozomark » Tue 13 Jul 2010 18:12

Thank you on behalf of the animals at Gozo SPCA :-)
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Bianca » Sat 09 Mar 2013 13:18

My husband and I will be coming to Malta next month and we are wondering if we can view properties through estate agents even though we're planning to move in a year's time? We would like to see how properties look like in Malta. Do estate agents need to be paid if we don't get a property with them?
Bianca
Free member

Postby gozomark » Sat 09 Mar 2013 13:25

No, the agent takes no money for showing you properties
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Ballpix » Wed 13 Mar 2013 14:57

Hi Bianca, make some appointments with estate agents to view properties, well woth the time as they are so varied and will give you a feel of the places on offer. I took a pad and wrote some notes down as I went through around 12 properties in two days. Take a camera too, get a pic from outside, a few inside and and you can relate it to your notes later.

Also be careful if you use a couple of estate agents as the same property may be listed with both.

The estate agents are very helpful and will take you round to the properties, and give you some good info for each local area. The owners we met were also very welcoming, nothing too much trouble and had good answers to the many questions you may have. Do not be shy to ask anything.

Good luck in your search.

Phil.
Ok, I'm here, now does someone want to tell me what I'm supposed to be doing?
Ballpix
Free member

Postby julia26 » Wed 13 Mar 2013 18:49

I have just finished a viewing trip designed to find my new home, which I did

I found the agents varied in helpfulness to be honest

I think if you want an apartment that's fine, that's what they mainly do and know, it's when you want something different its not routine you whittle out the best which is what I was and did.

They are helpful, will come and collect you, and take you to see properties. Expect to sit in their office while they search and make appointments, not many did nothing in advance, though some got appointments immediately. It does depend if landlord is available or agent has keys. They usually don't as they even admitted to me they all have the same properties, though again I found some suggesting I could get a place for less than the asking price , or already asking landlords what movement was possible if it was over budget.
julia26
Free member

Return to Where to live in Malta or Gozo?