I'm thinking of living in Gozo

Can't decide where on the islands to live? Find out more about the best and worst places here!

I'm thinking of living in Gozo

Postby maxine » Wed 13 Nov 2013 16:17

If our day trip today to Valletta and Sliema are anything to go by, we are thinking that Gozo might be a nicer place to stay and live :)

1. I know Malta has a long and varied history but that is no excuse to keep the ruts and potholes that were created to slow down invading armies - how I didn't lose a tyre at one point I'll never know.

2. Getting used to the driving - the rule seems to be that if you are joining a road and you look at the oncoming driver and he looks at you then you can pull out in front of him. Well it seems to be the norm so I just went along with it. Oh, and if there is room to overtake then go for it, regardless of what white lines used to be down the middle of the road - they are all so faded anyway that it's anyones guess as to what they were originally. I just keep to the left and let them duel it out.

3. What's with the parking! I found the MCP but it's miles away from anywhere - we were looking for some shops and the GPS kept taking us up the big hill to the central bank and we could only turn around there - the local Policeman wasn't too helpful but he had seen us drive round 3 times. Didn't help that the rental car was bright green!!

So we are going to try the free Gozo ferry this weekend and see if Gozo has a slower pace of life - I seem to have read that pretty much everything we will need is there and it also has Government offices there too.
maxine
Free member

Postby Brightside » Wed 13 Nov 2013 18:49

Good decision.....have a look at Gozo....if you need any help let me know.
Brightside
Premium Member

Postby gozomark » Wed 13 Nov 2013 21:55

Gozo will be packed this weekend - dont come over on Friday evening, the queues for the ferry could be hours long !
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby maxine » Thu 14 Nov 2013 08:29

OK, we are thinking Sunday am and returning in the pm? What do you think?
maxine
Free member

Postby gozomark » Thu 14 Nov 2013 08:30

The return could be a nightmare as thats when thousands of others will return as well
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri 15 Nov 2013 04:29

Moved by me from the Knight & Rabbit to the appropriate subject-specific board.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Where to live in Malta or Gozo?