Autumn and Winter in Gozo

Can't decide where on the islands to live? Find out more about the best and worst places here!

Postby FOXGLOVE » Sat 16 Aug 2014 16:12

We have lived in Santu Pietru, Gharb for about 18 months now and the only regular quarry lorries to come through were when the road and square were closed in San Lawrenz and then there were only 3 or 4 in the morning and the same in the evening and they came from the quarry on the cliff top between the two villages.
Rarely see one now roads are reopened.

Ray
FOXGLOVE
Free member

Postby Penury » Tue 23 Sep 2014 18:12

Ghawdex wrote:^^I second Sannat ;) - although I despise the buses in Malta, the one day I used them they were an hour late and I was standing there in the sweltering heat - never again..

being from Canada - was it likely that you were standing on the wrong side of the road waiting for the bus, or standing more than one metre away from the bus stop? Flag the bus, otherwise it will go past you & get off the IPad when waiting for a bus
Penury
Supporter

Postby Penury » Tue 23 Sep 2014 18:24

euphony wrote:I've got my wife paranoid now though about it being cold in the winter :lol: She started complaining saying she wanted to move somewhere warmer than the UK and didn't want to be colder in the winter months (as we can stick our central heating on in the winter months in the UK). I told her to stop fretting, we'll be fine! :drink:

I have to say, tell the missus she doesn't have to sweat, sorry fret

If you are from (damp) Derby & are old enough to remember the one coal fireplace or single gas fireplace heating system in the UK, then you will survive nicely in cold damp Malta. Just wear more woolies, socks too bed, a hot water bottle & don't forget to plug in the heated sleeping blanket.

Dehumidifiers a must have

Is it possible a generation of Brits have become softies in the past 30+ years getting used to double glazing & central heating, even if it is on a timer & turned off in the dead of winter?
Penury
Supporter

Postby Ghawdex » Wed 24 Sep 2014 14:48

Penury wrote:
Ghawdex wrote:^^I second Sannat ;) - although I despise the buses in Malta, the one day I used them they were an hour late and I was standing there in the sweltering heat - never again..

being from Canada - was it likely that you were standing on the wrong side of the road waiting for the bus, or standing more than one metre away from the bus stop? Flag the bus, otherwise it will go past you & get off the IPad when waiting for a bus

Oh no. This was the terminus in rabat. We were standing right where the bus comes in to "park" at the main terminus.
Citizen of Malta and Canada
Ghawdex
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Where to live in Malta or Gozo?