It is currently Sat 11 Jul 2020 11:06 GMT
Change font size

State schools/education

decided on state primary in Victoria, Gozo

Here's the place to discuss schools in the state system. Private schools are commercially operated businesses just like any other, so they're included with all the other premium content. Any posts here about non-state schools will be removed.

decided on state primary in Victoria, Gozo

Postby loveday » Thu 9 Dec 2010 16:54 GMT

We have now decided to try and enroll our 5-year-old in the state primary school in Victoria for the school year starting September 2011. We are going to have a look round in May 2011, just to test the waters, but we already know we simply cannot afford private school, so we are just hoping and praying that our little girl fits in OK.

In my darker moments I am filled with misgivings about this, but in my more sensible times I just think she is young enough to pick up the language and hope that the teachers will make allowances for her while she finds her feet. Surely we can't be the first english parents to do this!!??
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
loveday
Supporter

Postby Eggs » Sat 11 Dec 2010 16:32 GMT

We are planning on sending our Daughther to state primary/Kindergarton , she is 2 at the mo and should start October 2011 when she will be 3, we sent our son to private school due to him being alot older and I am glad we did so as he has seemlessly fit in at his new school. We do not have the concerns for our little girl that we did for our son.

The only thing a bit different here is they do seem to send the kids of to Kinder/primary alot earlier than we do in the UK.
We have to go and register her in January I will let you know how it all goes.
===================
Rob Marna Harry Zara :P
===================
Posted by:
Eggs
Supporter

Postby loveday » Sat 11 Dec 2010 16:45 GMT

hi Eggs

thank you very much - will be most interested to hear how she gets on. At such a tender age I'm sure there will be no problems at all as she has nothing to compare her experience to! x
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
loveday
Supporter

Postby loveday » Thu 9 Jun 2011 10:37 GMT

have posted in another thread about how we got on looking round the school - wonderful!
Posted by:
loveday
Supporter

Kercem Primary

Postby hulstons » Fri 5 Aug 2011 08:54 GMT

We are sending our two boys aged 8 and 10 to Kercem Primary. We have been to visit and the school has around 80 pupils, which matches the size of their school in the UK. They already have a couple of English pupils and they showed us around the school without us making an appointment. The boys were so excited and seeing their new classes really helped them to accept that we were moving :D
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
hulstons
Free member

Postby pumabob » Fri 5 Aug 2011 12:05 GMT

Glad to hear it went well and that the boys are looking forward to it. :D
Posted by:
pumabob
Supporter

Return to State schools/education