It is currently Sat 11 Jul 2020 11:23 GMT
Change font size

State schools/education

QSI Mosta

Here's the place to discuss schools in the state system. Private schools are commercially operated businesses just like any other, so they're included with all the other premium content. Any posts here about non-state schools will be removed.

QSI Mosta

Postby travellingmum » Fri 19 Aug 2011 08:37 GMT

hi all,
I'm new here and in a bit of a hurry atm as I can hear the kids killing each other in the kitchen...

We're planning to move to Malta in the next few months and wanted to ask about the QSI in Malta. Does anyone have any experiences?

Also, how much are the fees, does anyone know?

Thanks in advance and I'll be back later to introduce myself properly :)
Posted by:
travellingmum

Postby gozomark » Fri 19 Aug 2011 09:24 GMT

Hi, and welcome to the forum :-)

there is some info on QSI from 2008 on the following

http://britishexpat.com/expatforum/malt ... c&start=15

includes "I e-mailed QSI had a quick response with details of fees etc"
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby travellingmum » Sun 21 Aug 2011 12:39 GMT

hi mark, thank you for the link, but unfortunately it doesn't contain any feedbak from people whose children are attending or have attended QSI, I suppose with such a small number of student in the school it;s difficult to find this sort of info
Posted by:
travellingmum

Postby travellingmum » Fri 26 Aug 2011 09:38 GMT

just came back for an update on this in case it's useful to someone in the future.

The fees for QSI for 6 yo and over (I think it's only for primary school though) are $11,700 (just over E8000) for a full day (9.00 - 16.00). They also have the half day option, until 12.30, iirc that costs a bit over $7000.

Books and materials are included in the price and there's no uniform.
Posted by:
travellingmum

Postby boogiewoogie » Sun 28 Aug 2011 19:09 GMT

don't know but just in case my DS doesn't get into VIS (his year group is currently full) I would have to look at alternatives. Any further info or impressions would be great to hear.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
boogiewoogie
Supporter

Return to State schools/education