It is currently Sun 27 Sep 2020 04:17 GMT
Change font size

State schools/education

Want to know about different schools [edited by Site Admin]

Here's the place to discuss schools in the state system. Private schools are commercially operated businesses just like any other, so they're included with all the other premium content. Any posts here about non-state schools will be removed.

Want to know about different schools [edited by Site Admin]

Postby Sercan » Sat 5 Oct 2013 19:28 GMT

My daughter is now in [name of private school removed] but I am very dissapointed with them so I need to know about other School. I chose this school because in the website they say that it is an international school but the thing is that if you can speak English they don't help you to do it...

On the other hand, I don' really like the school: without playground, without computer lab, without not really friendly people..

If you know about other school, please, tell me
Posted by:
Sercan

Postby Dave » Sat 5 Oct 2013 19:44 GMT

Sercan, this forum is only for discussion of state schools, as explained in the forum description. If you want to discuss private schools, then you'll need to do that on the Private Schools board, which is only accessible to Premium Members.

I've also had to remove your other three identical posts because we don't allow multiple posting of the same text (with very rare exceptions) and because they weren't relevant to the topics you posted on. I've suspended your ability to post to prevent you flooding this board with more of the same - please get in touch if you'd like me to lift the suspension.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Cuauhtli » Sun 6 Oct 2013 08:36 GMT

I though an exemption had been hade for discussing schooling.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Cuauhtli
Premium Member

Postby Cuauhtli » Sun 6 Oct 2013 09:08 GMT

gozomark wrote:The owners of the website and I have discussed the issue of private junior, primary and secondary schools, and have agreed to make them a special case, so please feel free to name , discuss and recommend them

http://britishexpat.com/expatforum/viewtopic.php?t=20911&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=boundaries&start=0

From 2008
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Cuauhtli
Premium Member

Postby Dave » Sun 6 Oct 2013 09:35 GMT

As you say, this dates from 2008 - and if you look a little earlier in that topic, you'll see that Mark mentioned that we were still sorting out boundaries. We've made several changes to the forum since then.

Ultimately we decided that there was no compelling reason why private schools should be treated differently from other businesses - hence our creation of the Private Schools board in early 2012, not long after you joined.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to State schools/education