Mosquitos

Nothing's perfect anywhere. This forum is for discussion about the imperfections, drawbacks and disappointments that you might face in Malta.

Postby Red » Wed 19 Sep 2012 07:15

rasputinluv,

Just in case you haven't thought, remember to plant seeds at least 2 months before the date on the packets, when imported from England, or when directions are in English.
Red
Supporter

Postby dave dee » Thu 20 Sep 2012 06:27

Rachy wrote:Thank you Dave that made me laugh this morning - good to start the day with a smile. :crackup:

Thanks for that Rachy, your post made me smile too. :)
dave dee
Supporter

Postby rasputinluv » Sat 22 Sep 2012 16:56

gozomark wrote:"Bought some Lavender seeds also which were an import from UK and selling at twice the price. " - there are two types of lavender - French and English - the English has a life twice that of the French - maybe linked to that ??

Twice the price for what it sells in UK !
rasputinluv
Premium Member

Postby rasputinluv » Sat 22 Sep 2012 17:03

Red wrote:rasputinluv,

Just in case you haven't thought, remember to plant seeds at least 2 months before the date on the packets, when imported from England, or when directions are in English.

Thanks dear RED- I just took a chance by planting early. Plenty of seeds left to take more 'off the norm' chances ! Do not have patience to wait till spring but will leave plenty to plant 2 months before spring as well.
will tell if any positive results..
rasputinluv
Premium Member

Postby svale » Sun 24 Aug 2014 18:22

My home remedy which was recommended to me by a Maltese is a diluted solution of Detol.

I go along with the dark and pif paf solution. I close everywhere and spray early in the evening which at least gets rid of the insects which are present. When I go to bed, I open the window and put a ceiling fan on. The fan helps keep them away. Not ideal
svale
Premium Member

Postby rasputinluv » Mon 06 Oct 2014 16:39

One more remedy is 'Skin so soft' moisturizer spray from Avon. Also available on Amazon.
Smells very nice, but not sure yet if it works 100%.
rasputinluv
Premium Member

Postby svale » Sat 11 Oct 2014 14:07

I've heard of that remedy as well. It's very popular in the USA
svale
Premium Member

Postby dave dee » Tue 21 Oct 2014 21:05

Enough, I used to look forward to a Winter break from mosquito but the last couple of years they have evolved into all year rounders and nippy little buggers too, I have got to a state where I look like I have a bad dose of chicken pox or worse, I can no longer don my speedo's and take to the beach through them, my wife carries a killer spray around the house in her holster.
dave dee
Supporter

Previous

Return to Bad Vibes