Moving to Pune India. What should I negotiate?

Here's where to talk about working in India. NO ADVERTISING - jobs wanted and all employment-related adverts will be deleted. These belong in our adverts section. This forum is for discussing work-related issues.

Moving to Pune India. What should I negotiate?

Postby ellegro » Sat 15 Aug 2009 02:49

I have a work opportunity to transfer to Pune India for a 6 month period with my exisiting company. I would be moving with my husband and 8 month old daughter.

Having never lived abroad before, I am looking for advice on what I should negotiate into my relocation contract.

Also, does anyone have any experience with Pune India? Suggestions on areas to live?

Does anyone know of private child care facilities in Pune? I would like to expose my daughter to other children while she is there so would be interested in learning about programs that might be good for her socialization skills.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
ellegro

Postby Dave » Sat 15 Aug 2009 15:38

Hi, Ellegro, and welcome.

Please take a while to have a look at all the various boards - it may be that some of your questions have already been answered.

By all means, ask any questions that you still need answers to after reading what's gone before - but please ask each question on the appropriate board. For instance, questions about employment contracts probably belong on the "Working in India" board, questions about good areas to live in belong on the "Moving to India - which area?" board, questions about childcare go on the "Family and Pets", and so on.

You should have a read of the posting guidelines too - they'll help you get the most out of this forum.

I've moved your post to the "Working in India" board because the most important question seems to be the one about negotiating your terms of employment.

Good luck! :)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Working in India