About investments

This is the place for all money-related issues, banking, etc. NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our adverts section.

About investments

Postby apielan » Thu 26 Feb 2009 08:09

Surprises me to a great extent that I do not find many people here talking about the most sensitive issue of the modern period.
Well the crashing stock markets and the overall slump in the global economy has been responsible for most of our investments to hit new lows. In the current situation I encounter many people who advise to invest afresh but I am in a dilemma as I hardly see any indications of the economy being blooming in the coming days.
What according to the experts is going to be the best option for us.
apielan

Postby Dave » Fri 27 Feb 2009 03:35

Surely it depends which "expert" you ask? There's an old saying that if you ask ten economists the same question, you'll get eleven different answers. Besides, even the experts don't have crystal balls - otherwise the global economy would be in a far better state than it is now.

I wouldn't mind betting that within a very short period of time you'll have an answer to your question from someone touting for business - either directly as a self-declared "expert", or someone posing as a satisfied customer. They'll be wasting their time (and ours :evil:) as their posting will be deleted as soon as it's discovered. (I'm watching this topic.)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Dave
Site Admin

Postby apielan » Mon 02 Mar 2009 07:28

Yes Dave economists are not the right persons to ask for the answers I need, had it been the case I would not have wasted my time in asking from the members here who might know well about the ways to manage their money during the crisis period (that is what I thought though).
But am sure I am simply wasting my time here as you are too eager to speculate me as a self proclaimed expert or someone who has lined up another person to give me solutions no soon I asked my question.
Let us do this, watch the topic for as long as we want and see which satisfied customer or business expert comes in with a reply.
apielan

Postby Dave » Mon 02 Mar 2009 07:52

apielan wrote:you are too eager to speculate me as a self proclaimed expert or someone who has lined up another person to give me solutions no soon I asked my question.

Not what I said at all. What I said was that someone touting for business would answer your question - quite a reasonable prediction based on several years' experence of forum administration.

You're defending yourself against an accusation I never made. :? I'm quite happy for a frank discussion of your question - though it might have been better on the main forum rather than the India forum.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Dave
Site Admin

Postby apielan » Mon 02 Mar 2009 13:44

:D No hard feelings Dave, its alright I can understand lets become friends. We might exchange words of wisdom with each other and helping each of our causes some day.
apielan

Return to Money Matters