Relocate to India for finance

This is the place for all money-related issues, banking, etc. NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our adverts section.

Relocate to India for finance

Postby jago25_98 » Sun 21 Jun 2009 17:01

How do I open a rupee bank account from the UK? (as a UK national)

Thanks
jago25_98

Postby Kay » Thu 25 Jun 2009 18:36

Hi jago

I've never heard of anyone doing this and I've no idea if it's even possible. Usually Indian banks want you to present yourself in person at the branch where you're going to open the account and show your documents (such as passport).

Good luck, and please let us know if you find out differently. :)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Kay
Site Admin

Postby jago25_98 » Thu 25 Jun 2009 23:24

Thanks for the info. I will consider a trip over there. Will they open one to me or will I need an address in India for this?

Thanks

Interesting, Google gave a warning for this site, quoting a currency site related link (probably an ad) that links to another site that was tested and download code to the browser malicously
jago25_98

Postby Dave » Fri 26 Jun 2009 01:18

Thanks for the warning - we'll check it out. I haven't seen any warnings on Google about our site (I searched for "site:www.britishexpat.com", which gives a listing of our pages that are indexed by Google) but, as you say, it's possible that one of the sites we're linking to is having a spot of bother.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Dave
Site Admin

Postby jago25_98 » Fri 26 Jun 2009 09:42

Try using google chrome
jago25_98

Postby Dave » Tue 30 Jun 2009 12:31

Looks as if Currency UK had an attack on one day last week and dealt with it virtually immediately. Annoying that we get tarred with the malware brush, though.

We've contacted them to alert them to the problem - let's hope that they get Google's black mark lifted off their site soon. In the meantime, I'll do what I can to get it off ours.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Money Matters