Journalist would like to interview Brits working in India

We get a lot of requests from journos wanting to interview expats so here's the place to do it. Please, everyone, have a look and see if you can help. (This is for India-specific requests only - general requests belong on the main BE Forum. Press releases/adverts will be deleted, so please don't waste our time. Thanks.)

Journalist would like to interview Brits working in India

Postby memory » Fri 18 Dec 2009 04:56

Hi

My name's Martin and I'm a freelance journalist and copywriter living in Bangalore.

I am putting together a feature proposal for the UK's Guardian newspaper about expats living and working in India. Particularly, I'm interested in telecommuters: people who send their work back to an office in the UK or other Western country.

The feature will examine the ups and downs of this lifestyle. For instance, the financial advantages of earning Western wages and the cheap cost of living in India; the disadvantages of time difference, cultural shift and other logistical problems.

I'll be using my experiences in the feature, but would like to talk to other people to broaden the perspective. It will be an informative piece, with a light-hearted touch.

If any of your members would be interested in helping me, I'd be very grateful. I can be contacted on wordsbymartin@gmail.com
Thanks very much for your time.

Martin
memory

Return to Journos/TV & Radio Producers/Research Students