It is currently Mon 30 Mar 2020 08:24 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

USA General Information

In need of help please

Please post here if your question isn't specific to any USA region. Eg, immigrations, taxes etc.

In need of help please

Postby Jon_of_1993 » Tue 10 Mar 2009 19:21 GMT

Ok i know many people will take a look at this and will think im in dream world but ive had my mind on this for years! Im 15 and 16 in august. I would love to move to america to drive trucks. Main reason is because my whole family have driven trucks and im wanting to follow in their foot steps. But i don't want to waste my time in britain trying to get my hgv license here because with all the new rules and regulations coming out making it more difficult for me becoming a driver here. Also im studying business studies at school and i should have my maths and geography. English im not sure ill pass but i can do my best. If theres anyone who could please please help me. I want to live in america and hopefully drive for a company who pays pretty decent not bothered how much just so long as i can live off of it. I will be moving on my own or with my girlfriend if im still with her but at the moment im just asuming it will be me on my own. I have a clean criminal record and im straight to the point. And im deffinatly not afraid of hard work. And i would like to know if its possible to own my own truck if/when i immigrate as its one of my ambitions in life. Sorry for the long message but im really stumped and i really need help.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Jon_of_1993
Free member

Postby Graeme » Wed 11 Mar 2009 00:58 GMT

See my reply on the Canada board, I think getting to the USA might be even harder for you than Canada.
:)

Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Re: In need of help please

Postby ian68 » Tue 17 Mar 2009 16:49 GMT

Do you have a US Citizen Father or Mother?
Seriously and realistically, it's going to be tough for you to actually get a visa to come to the USA to live and work as a truck driver. Unless of course you manage to marry an american girl :)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
ian68
Free member

Return to USA General Information